|Posting Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Department/Office:||Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia|
|Posting Period:||24 November 2022 – 30 November 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia-195840-Individual Contractor|
Result of Service
The Administrative Assistant will be working under the direct supervision of the ESCWA Stories Team leader to provide administrative and logistical support.
6 Month w/ Extension
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent of the post shall serve as administrative assistant for the ESCWA Stories Team.
The ESCWA Stories Team was established by the ESCWA Executive Secretary to mainstream the Sustainable Development Goals in ESCWA Member States through the production and dissemination of a comic book including stories on the SDGs. The Team visits educational institutions, interacts with students and teachers, and organizes events for the promotion of the comic book and its objectives.
Against this background, the ESCWA Stories Team is seeking the services of a local Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support, as well as research and outreach support whenever needed.
Duties and responsibilities:
In close collaboration with the ESCWA Stories Team, the Admin Assistant will:
• Organize and facilitate the internal meetings of the ESCWA Stories Team and provide relevant support to its members.
• Organize and facilitate the meetings of the ESCWA Stories Team with relevant external stakeholders, including schools in Lebanon and beyond, the Ministry of Education in Lebanon and beyond, and the National Commissions for UNESCO.
• Draft routine correspondence.
• Take note and prepare minutes for the meetings.
• Respond to queries of ESCWA Stories Team members with respect to administrative and logistical matters.
• Liaise with Arabic, English and French speaking schools on matters related to ESCWA Stories Team events.
• Keep track of and manage the ESCWA Stories Project’s inventory, and support the Team in the proper delivery of items to schoolchildren.
• Support the Team in fundraising activities. Liaise with national authorities and stakeholders, and international agencies for fund fundraising programmes.
• Organize and coordinate workshops held for school staff.
• Undertake visits to the schools and assist the Team in implementing activities.
• Assist the Team in undertaking outreach activities.
• Serve as team assistant whenever needed.
• Undertake arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas and other documents.
• Arrangement of vehicle transportation
• Serve as custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
• Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
• Perform other administrative duties, as required.
The Administrative Assistant will be working under the direct supervision of the ESCWA Stories Team leader.
A first-level degree in management, business administration, sociology, or other related academic field is required. A Master’s degree in management, business administration, or other related academic field is desirable.
A minimum of 8 years of work experience in administrative assistance is required.
Previous experience in working with international organizations is desirable.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA. For this position, fluency in English and Arabic is required; and fluency in French is desirable.
Note: “Fluency” equals a rating of ‘fluent’ in all four areas (speak, read, write, and understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of ‘confident’ in two of the four areas.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.