Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervisor of the Country Director, you will define the Human Resources policy for the mission and coordinate its implementation and deployment throughout the mission in order to provide optimum support to programs. You are also responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of ACF procedures, and the laws of Mozambique.
The main challenges will be to:
– Contribute to defining mission strategy by advising other departments on their HR needs, collecting data and writing the HR section of proposals and representing the mission externally.
– Supervise the staff administration and payroll by designing payroll procedures, checking the quality of tools and the conformity with the contractual obligations (visas, work permits, taxes…)
– Provide the recruitment and training of all employees and promote career development by implementing induction process, setting down a procedure for individual appraisal interviews, promoting the career development of local employees, training new managers…
– Ensure a coherent organisation of work and establish a policy of compensation and benefits through the implementation of ACF classification grid and job description, defining the national policy for variable elements, social benefits…
– Implement collective rules and communicate internally
– Promote and ensure collaboration in HR with the mission’s partners : selecting partners and validating partnership conventions and agreements
– Prevent and manage cases of fraud and corruption
– Manage the HR team and the home staff in capital and be support/technical Manager for HR Managers in the bases
You hold a master’s degree in relevant field with minimum 5 years of overall experience with 1 year at senior management role in development sector or a Bachelor degree in relevant field with minimum 8 years overall experience with 3 years at senior management role in development sector. You already have experience in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures in a consistent manner. You are capable to strategize and provide strong leadership to the HR team, work cooperatively with subordinates, colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels. You have skills and a particular interest in the capacity building of the staff.
Fluent English is mandatory, Portuguese would be a real asset, Spanish or Italian are useful.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– Fixed term contract under French legislation: 12 months
– Monthly gross salary from 2597 to 2968EUR upon experience
– Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary
– Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 730 USD net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
– Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, airfare reimbursement with a ceiling to get to the chosen break destination, and 215 EUR for each RnR period
– Accompaniment and trainings: – Follow-up and support for career development
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
– Other benefits (gifts vouchers; birth, wedding, etc…)
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.