|Posting Title:||Associate Information Systems Officer (Network, Systems and Infrastructure), P2|
|Job Code Title:||ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||International Trade Centre|
|Posting Period:||23 November 2022 – 23 December 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-Information Management Systems-ITC-196101-R-Geneva (R)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the IT Infrastructure Unit, within the Information Technology and Systems Section (ITS), Division of Programme Support.
The Unit is responsible for the delivery and operation of IT Services, maintenance of the ITC corporate data centre (on-premises and cloud), implementation and administration of the ITC Network and Systems infrastructure and provision of proactive IT services and support to client departments of the ITC aiding them in delivering on their mandate.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, IT Services and Infrastructure and the overall guidance of the Chief, Information Technology & Systems, the Associate Information Systems Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Operates and maintains the IT Network infrastructure: core, distribution, interconnection links, wifi and network security, ensure all ITC Network infrastructures are designed in a scalable, cost effective methodology against industry best practices including ensuring Network infrastructure is secured, redundant and available as per agreed business requirements for internal and external user communities;
• Maintains the HyperV virtualization clusters and virtual servers: including deployment of security patches, ensuring entire infrastructure performance optimization and availability as per agreed business requirements for internal and external user communities;
• Operates and maintains the M365 services and Azure environments: including service integrations, identity and access management, monitoring and responding to security alerts as per agreed business requirements; follows through on the administration and integration of additional SAAS cloud environments as required;
• Assists in the analysis, design and implementation of IT network, systems and security projects in close collaboration with other network and systems officers;
• Assists in the review, testing and implementation of desktop operating systems, security updates, software applications and overall monitoring of the end-users computing environment;
• Assists in providing technical support to the Information Systems & Development Team for the integration and design of applications and maintenance of the related hosting systems;
• Participates in the implementation and administration of monitoring systems for all IT infrastructure core elements and major applications;
• Assists in managing Disaster recovery architecture: Storage and Virtualisation Replica DR test plan to ensure that storage, recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
• Communicates regularly with technical, operational and development staff to ensure that IT infrastructure integrity and security is optimal;
• Performs other duties as required
Professionalism: Knowledge of Network infrastructure with adequate skills for their installation and maintenance, including client access, VLAN, QOS, fault tolerance and secured wireless; Knowledge and skills in Microsoft technologies: Windows server 2016 or later, Active Directory services, HyperV, SharePoint, IIS, SQL, System Center (SCCM, DPM, SCSM, SCVMM, Orchestrator, Endpoint protection); Knowledge of Active Directory Services (ADDS, ADFS, ADCS); Knowledge of HP Storage systems; Knowledge of Cisco wired and wireless network environments; Knowledge of server virtualisation environments; Knowledge of Palo Alto NGFW and security infrastructure and technologies; Knowledge of Network design topology, prototyping and documentation standards; Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Azure administration and monitoring. Knowledge of Palo Alto firewall, F5 BIG-IP LTM and Paesler PRTG monitoring. Knowledge of business and IT analysis techniques and methods; Ability to review and analyze system data/metrics to drive decisions. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with the final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of two years professional experience in Network administration and Systems Infrastructure, including administering and deploying Network and Systems infrastructures, theories, principles and practices is required
Experience maintaining M365 Services and Azure Environments is desirable.
Experience implementing Network access control based on 802.1x, radius servers and PKI including secured remote access is desirable.
Experience with Active Directory Services is desirable.
Experience with Cisco wired and wireless network infrastructure is desirable.
For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by competency-based interview.
The conditions of service are governed by the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations. This is a fixed term appointment for an initial period of one (1) year.
ITC champions workforce diversity, inclusion, gender equality and gender parity and considers all qualified persons – of all genders – equally, including those with disabilities, without discrimination or prejudice of any kind. ITC also offers attractive flexible work arrangements to help promote a healthy work/life balance and to allow all staff members to express and develop their talents fully.
Applications from women and nationalities from developing and least developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
For information on salary and entitlements, please consult the International Civil Service Commission website: http://icsc.un.org
United Nations Considerations
In accordance with the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity.
Candidates will not be considered for employment with ITC if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the Inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances, and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in Inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised in Inspira will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
ITC does NOT charge any fees or request money from candidates at any stage of the recruitment process, nor does it concern itself with bank account details of applicants. Requests of this nature allegedly made on behalf of ITC are fraudulent and should be disregarded.