WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
JOB TITLE: Business Support Assistant (Data Entry – Fleet)
TYPE OF CONTRACT/GRADE: Service Contract Level 4
NUMBER OF POSITIONS : 3
DUTY STATION – Semera, Dire Dawa & Gode
DURATION: One year with a possibility of extension
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in WFP Ethiopia ( Gode, Dire Dawa, and Semera) office. Job holders liaise and cooperate with all other employees within the Fleet Unit and other Departments within the Organization with particular emphasis on the Supply Chain unit.
With the growing size of the WFP Fleet in Ethiopia, which is prompted by the upsurge in operations, Fleet operations have been decentralized to guarantee coverage of the country whenever and wherever transport challenges are faced. However, this decentralization of fleet operations brought another challenge in its management, especially in coordination of the fleet utilization, maintenance, spare parts inventory management, fuel, and many others. The incumbent, under the supervision of the Fleet Manager, Assist overall management of all Fleet operations, workshop activities and oversight of all Area Offices’ and Sub-Offices’ fleet/workshop assets and co-ordinate Fleet operations in accordance with the procedures, normative guidelines, and business rules as set by WFP.
Under the direct supervision of immediate Supervisor and in co-ordination with all Fleet staff, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
1. Perform and assist in any administrative tasks related to Fleet Transport and Workshop activities.
2. Thoroughly check the information registered onto the documents for clarity and correctness in accordance to established procedures, before data entry is performed.
3. Enter data into FMS (Fleet Management System) or any other software package established.
4. Will perform daily reconciliation exercises of all records and transactions performed within the same day and ensure that data validation, integrity and accuracy of data are maintained.
5. Required to organise systematic reconciliation of records to compare theoretical figures against actual physical records on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
6. Preparation and checking of reports and ensure that reports are produced on a timely basis.
7. Maintain proper filing systems and archiving of documents so that they may be retrieved promptly and efficiently when required.
8. Liaise with ICT and ensure that regular anti-virus updates are applied to all the computers.
9. Perform basic administrative functions on FMS such as regular re-indexing and take screen shots of errors that occur in the database and send these to the RO FMS section for assistance.
10. Analyse data that is produced from the systems and to report any discrepancies or irregularities to immediate supervisor.
11. Share experience gained with other staff members and strives towards creating good team building and harmonious atmosphere.
12. Will perform the duties of all subordinate staff or one level/grade up, in the event of any other staff being absent from his or her duty.
13. Travel occasionally within the country as required by the Organisation.
14. Perform any other duties as requested
Education: Completion of secondary school , technical college diploma or Bachelor’s degree in transport/logistics or computer science/statistics or related fields.
Experience: Secondary school education completion with a minimum of 4 years work experience or Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 2 years of work experience as a data clerk or similar relevant positions in logistics operation.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good working knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office suite.
• Proficient in the use of computerized FMS management system and Fleetwave.
• Ability to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders
Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Amharic.
20, March 2023 (Open to Ethiopian National Only)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.