- Job-ID: V000054401
- Location: Hanoi
- Assignment period: 09/05/2023 – 10/04/2027
- Field: Climate Change, Environment
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 04/16/2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU funded project tender: EU-Viet Nam Women-led Green Partnership Programme.
The overall objective (impact) of the EU-Vietnam Women-led Green Partnership Programme, of which the Facility is an integral part, is that “Women in all their diversity influence decision-making processes on climate change and environmental conservation policies and actions in Viet Nam”.
The specific objective (outcome) of the Facility is to “Increase participation of women and girls in all their diversity, the non-State-actors (NSAs) and members of mass organisations, in decision-making processes at national and provincial levels on climate change adaptation and mitigation and on environmental issues”.
Qualifications and skills
- Postgraduate in Environmental or Climatic Sciences
- Or undergraduate education in the above mentioned disciplines, with an additional ten (10) years of relevant professional experience on top of the professional experience required below
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English (level C1)
General professional experience
At least ten (10) years relevant professional experience in:
- Providing expertise under at least two (02) full-time technical assistance assignment (of at least two (02) consecutive years each) on environmental protection or climate actions
- Providing inputs to technical debates and supports to policy dialogues, relating to climate actions
Specific professional experience
At least five (5) years of specific consultancy experience in climate change mitigation and/or circular economy and/or low carbon agriculture and/or sustainable finance
- Proven consultancy experience in the policy cycle, concerning climate change mitigation, in developing countries is a must.
- Proven experience in working with the NSAs is a must.
- Previous experience with EU-funded project will be a clear advantage.
The Facility’s base of operation is Hanoi city of Viet Nam. While the main activities will be conducted in Hanoi, where the EUD office and the office of Central VWU locate, some activities will demand travel to other provinces and, in exceptional and duly justified cases, to other countries. Many of the activities may eventually take place in urban areas (online or offline) and some specific activities may take place in the more rural, mountainous and remote areas. This will be discussed and agreed in advance with the EUD and the VWU.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date of the technical assistance contract is the 05th of September 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 49 months from this date.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.