||Communication Associate (Video and Photo Editor)
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:
||Service Contract – Level 6
||Communications, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM)
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):
||12 months (With possibility of extension)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) has significant plans for growth in brand awareness and broader supporter engagement, as well as an ambitious private sector fundraising strategy to grow engagement and income from individuals. Powerful and engaging story content, captured and distributed in a timely and strategic way, is critical to achieving this ambition.
The video editor will report directly to the Head of Communications, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) at the Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa (RBN) and will travel to the field and capture video and photos to brief, schedule and budget, and deliver final multimedia content as requested.
The video editor will also plan, direct and edit film products for WFP, to brief and deliver final edited film products, along with supporting clean versions and video editing files to support the regional communications and advocacy efforts. The products will support communications and fundraising strategies at WFP, as well as helping to define a clear visual style to support our growth in brand awareness.
The Video editor will:
- Deliver video content for engaging and retaining partners, supporters and individual giving donor audiences, to increase income and also raise brand awareness.
- Storyboard, script, develop and edit a variety of video products to brief and tight schedule, to engage specific supporter and donor audiences with the work of WFP. Products could include social media edits (15”, 30”, 60”), edits of DRTV ads or digital ads, as well as donor engagement videos, b-roll packages, animated shorts.
- As requested, travel to the field to film staff, beneficiaries or other contributors for video products.
- Support colleagues in the field to collect video story content using best practice.
- Quickly and efficiently create, edit and deliver emergency video products using photo, footage and key messages, to ensure timely public awareness and fundraising.
- Develop scripts and narratives for all video content using statistics/ key messages supplied by the CAM team or other units.
- Working with the Communications officer, develop a roster of freelance film-makers across the region and support country offices with briefing freelancers for brand and story consistency.
- Ensure consistent use of title graphics and color palette across all video products within the region.
- Work within the agreed content ingestion protocols and postproduction workflows of the WFP DAM (Digital Asset Management) system, and independently upload all video products with metadata to the DAM.
- Ensure all content produced in the region is uploaded on WFP DAM system and regularly upload edited videos by liaising with CAM team in country offices.
- Update the HQ social media database with social media posts produced by the RBN team.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Produced a regular flow of video content (exact pieces of content to be determined with the CAM team and key stakeholder teams) including an explainer video series, case study-focused videos and other video products to support the regional communications strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRERED:
||A first degree in a relevant field with related work experience. Additional relevant qualifications and/or training courses will be an advantage.
||At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience with filming, video editing and post-production of fundraising and brand products. Samples of work will be required to demonstrate experiences
|Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to explain and translate to film complicated concepts across a range of cultures and geographies to a diverse audience
- Ability to work with WFP teams, and other freelances to deliver on-brief, compelling multimedia story content
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-taught learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes;
- Excellent working knowledge of developing video and photo content for traditional media as well as major social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter LinkedIn;
|Excellent written and oral knowledge of English. French, Swahili or Arabic is a plus.
Deadline: 9th December 2022