|Posting Title:||Consultant – BI Engineer, (Local); (UNICC Partnership)|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)|
|Duty Station:||HQ Gaza|
|Posting Period:||21 November 2022 – 04 December 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-UNRWA – Information Management – Headquarters Gaza-195818-Consultant|
Result of Service
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank
6 to 11 months
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the lead data architect in revising enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
• Implement the data management solution, including the platform architecture design, ETL/ELT data processes, databases/data warehouse/data lake solution, data model, different data Marts, and additional Analysis services.
• Create data models that conform with existing standards and business requirements.
• Revise data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards.
• Partner with Security specialists to ensure compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
• Work with the team (technical Lead/Architect/other members) and customer focal point to understand the business need and design/implement the technical data management solution.
• Design and implement Data Warehouses and Data Lakes solutions based on the customers’ business requirements, mainly using Microsoft technologies.
• Design and implement complex ELT and ETL processes using Integration Services (SSIS) or Azure Data Factory.
• Design and develop Analysis Services OLAP Cubes and Tabular Views
• Develop scripts accordingly to the data need (stored Procedures with T-SQL, Python or R, eventually PowerShell or .NET).
• Design conceptual and logical data models and data flowcharts
• Design Data-as-a-Service solution, on-premises and Cloud-based, based on Data API Gateway and other Cloud services.
• Implement Data Catalog solutions.
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new data platform solutions.
• Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
• Optimize new and current database systems.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
A university degree or master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, Information systems, computer science, computer engineering, Software engineering, Business Administration, Management, or other related disciplines;
• A minimum of 7 years of experience for a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years for a master’s degree in Business Intelligence, Data Management, Information Systems with on-premise and cloud technologies.
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Qlik, Tableau)
• Expert knowledge of Data modeling (OLTP and OLAP models), Data Integration (ELT/ETL), Data Lake/Data Warehouse/Data Marts implementation, and Data Analysis models (Analysis Services).
• Microsoft Data Management technologies, platforms, and applications experience are mandatory.
• Experience with Cloud Data & BI environment (MS Azure mandatory, AWS a plus).
• Communicating in a credible and effective way
• Experience working as a member of distributed data architecture teams (on-premise or cloud)
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology and concepts.
• Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures is a plus.
• Strong experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server. Oracle is a plus.
• Certificate in Data such as Microsoft Data Certifications, Microsoft Data Management and Analytics, or Microsoft Azure Big Data Analytics Solution.
• Prince2 Agile, ITIL, SCRUM.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• A high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
• High level of personal integrity and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• Ability to deliver quality results.
• Teamwork and collaborative skills.
• Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Demonstrable critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high-growth environment.
• Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
• Ability to execute assigned project tasks within an established schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
• Remuneration for this consultancy will be 1,800 USD depending on the fund availability, qualifications, and relevant experience.
• The incumbent can be in any UNRWA field of operations (Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank).
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities for Palestine refugees in Gaza.
United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost-recovery basis.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking BI Engineer responsible for effectively designing, capturing, integrating, organizing, centralizing, and maintaining data on On-premises, Hybrid, and Cloud data platforms. Under the supervision of the Head of the Data & Analytics section, the incumbent will oversee the technical design and implement the technical Data management solution.
This position is mainly designed for a people with a strong experience based on Microsoft Data and BI stack components (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, and any other Azure Data services and Data visualizations tools (Power BI, Qlik, Tableau). AWS experience is a plus.
The consultant will report administratively to the Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarters Gaza and report technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
¿ Please indicate if you are a Palestinian Refugee and provide your registration card number if applicable.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.