|Posting Title:||Consultant – Senior Full Stack Developer with React / Python-Django, (Local)|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)|
|Duty Station:||HQ Gaza|
|Posting Period:||21 November 2022 – 04 December 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-UNRWA – Information Management – Headquarters Gaza-195811-Consultant|
Result of Service
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank
6 to 11 months
Duties and Responsibilities
ANALYSIS AND REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
¿ Gather complex system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and practical solutions for new applications.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
¿ Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions for complex application development tasks.
¿ Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge-based system(s) to simplify code maintenance and improve support.
¿ Provide thought leadership in designing and developing innovative integrated solutions.
¿ Guide application design and development to more junior staff.
TESTING AND DOCUMENTATION
¿ Test all changes using the appropriate complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected and errors are handled in a meaningful way.
¿ Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials for technical and/or end-user references.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
¿ Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the solution’s nature, significance, and risk factors.
¿ Monitor changes and resolve complex problems by responding as they occur, reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and proactively ensuring the solution works successfully to satisfy the customer requirements and provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
¿ Provide support by investigating and resolving complex issues to ensure prompt, effective service.
¿ Supervise the development team’s work by regularly defining standards, acceptance criteria and conducting regular code reviews.
¿ Coach the development team during norming and forming sessions.
¿ Report work status, gather changes, collaborate on refining delivery plans and target solutions.
¿ Perform other duties as may be required.
A university degree or master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology information management, Information systems, computer science, computer engineering, Software engineering, Business Administration, Management, or other
¿ A minimum of 7 years of experience for a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years for a master’s degree in web applications design and delivery for the public cross-culture audience.
• Expert knowledge of ReactJS frameworks (Redux, Material-UI).
• Expert knowledge of Django and Python development.
• Expert knowledge of RESTful services
• Expert knowledge of building and using Docker Containers.
• Demonstrable experience with UI and UX principles, concepts, and techniques.
• Demonstrable success on Django-based projects as a technical lead or senior individual contributor.
• Develop solutions based on extensive technical knowledge, skills, and experience.
• Headless / decoupled development.
• Semantic markup, accessibility, version control.
• Experience upgrading and migrating legacy web applications.
• Experience participating in Agile projects.
• Familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, AWS, and/or Azure Cloud Services.
• Strong technical skills, strong ability to understand complex business processes.
• influences client towards innovative/integrated solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• The high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
• High level of personal integrity and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• Ability to deliver quality results.
• Teamwork and collaborative skills.
• Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Demonstrable critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high-growth environment.
• Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
• Ability to execute assigned project tasks within an established schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
• Remuneration for this consultancy will be 2300.00 $ and depends on the qualifications and relevant experience.
• The incumbent can be in any UNRWA fields of operations (Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank).
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities for Palestine refugees in Gaza. United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost-recovery basis.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer with React / Python-Django responsible for the full life cycle of medium to large-sized complex projects; strong technical skills; a strong ability to understand complex business processes. Develop solutions based on extensive technical knowledge, skills, and experience; influences client towards innovative/integrated solutions.
The consultant will report administratively to the Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza and report technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
Please indicate if you are a Palestinian Refugee and provide your registration card number if applicable.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.