WRI intends to hire a consultant for ~6 months to support social media and (email) marketing activities of WRI Europe – delivering and leveraging a range of engaging content and approaches. The consultant is also requested to set up a system and tools for quality and engagement monitoring as well as closer collaboration with European WRI social media colleagues.
The consultant will work for WRI Europe. The World Resources Institute’s European office intends to increase the organization’s influence on European and global development and environmental issues.
Scope of Work and Deliverables/Outputs:
Online comms content development and online outreach.
Social media management:
- Lead, manage and grow WRI Europe’s social media channels (currently LinkedIn, Twitter and Insta) to drive continued growth in numbers and impactful messages and uptake by influencers. Protect and enhance our reputation
- Ensure delivery of a proactive and relevant social media plan, with Twitter activity and LinkedIn posts
- Support online media profile of Vice-President for WRI Europe, most notably on LinkedIn
- Engage in a targeted way in with key audiences and influencers: secure high levels of engagement and responsiveness with users; investigate and follow-up on reaching new audiences such as youth
- Moderate social media channels by responding to questions and developing discussions
- Strategize around momentum, advertisement, new channels and online campaigns; create a strong editorial calendar
Setup of system for quality and effectiveness monitoring and setup of a sharing network:
- Establish system for monitoring impact and produce regular reports on impact for WRI Europe colleagues
- Establish network of social media colleagues in Europe and system for collaboration and enhancing content engagement
Online content creation:
Other materials (audiovisual) and collateral development:
- Leverage the WRI brand, expertise, knowledge and data to create engaging content that informs, supports and encourages our audiences about our work; “Europeanize” global content wherever possible
- Create Europe-specific own content and establish a distinctive voice and style that is commensurate to our mission, ambition and reputation; use engaging multimedia approaches including photo features, graphic design postcards, short videos, audio / podcasts
- Video and audiovisual product development (possibly around 5-year strategy, donor engagement): Co-produce script development, manage content creation, work with vendors, guide deliverables
- Other collateral development (TBC): brochure / flyers etc: support the writing and editing and creative concept development- work with vendor for execution
Email marketing / stakeholder marketing:
- Create email campaigns for specific occasions towards a targeted audience (invitations or specific email ‘newsflashes’)
- Create compelling templates for stakeholder outreach / direct marketing; advise on the techniques and database management behind it.
- Education: BA/BSc or MA/MSc in Communications, Journalism, Marketing & Media, Public Relations, Creative Design, Language/Arts
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a busy marketing / social media or communications environment
- Good command digital communications and digital marketing strategies; knowledge of best practices, ways of working, processes, and systems for social media work
- Experience with developing, monitoring and evaluating integrated social media strategies that have helped achieve organizational objectives.
- Experience with generating high levels of engagement with followers – particularly on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Proficient in developing/commissioning creative and compelling multimedia content, including videos, graphics, lives, etc.
- Experience in developing relationships with key social influencers that have helped achieved campaigns, communications, or organizational objectives
- Experience in translating complex information and data into compelling social content
- Languages: Proficiency in English (verbal and written) is required. Proficiency in other European languages (French, Dutch, Spanish, German) is a plus.
- Proficient in technologies such as WordPress, InDesign / Adobe and Canva design programs; practical experience with Buffer, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro is a plus
- Strong knowledge of email / stakeholder marketing technologies such as MailChimp / Pardot and Salesforce is requested
- Work experience in an NGO or private sector environment related to climate, sustainable development or social development is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/ external partners in a multi-cultural environment under tight deadlines
Evaluation and Selection
The following elements will be the primary considerations in evaluating all applications submitted in response to this posting:
- The extent to which the applicant’s proposal fulfills WRI’s stated requirements as set out in this posting
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with similar projects
- Contractual fee and total cost fitting within budget
The consultant offering the best overall value will be selected. For this position, skills / experience and requested fee are considered to be of approximately equal importance.
Compliance Requirements: WRIreceives funding from a variety of sources, including governments and other non-governmental organizations.In addition toWRI’s standard contract terms, certain funder conditions may apply.
How to Apply
Please indicate in a short cover letter (max. 400 words) your interest in the assignment. Please add any relevant materials – such as websites, social media materials, graphic design and audiovisual materials. Please submit an updated CV as well and an indication of salary / fee expectations.
Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.