Post of duty: Washington, DC
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
The Administrative Services Division (ACP), within the Budget and Administrative Services Department (BDA), provides a broad array of administrative and corporate services to the IDB Group in Headquarters (Washington, D.C.) and Country Offices (in Latin America and the Caribbean). Among these services are real estate management and other corporate services supporting the IDB Group in its US Washington, D.C.-based Headquarters and 28 country offices. The Division is also responsible for leading all aspects of the Bank’s Corporate Sustainability Program (CSP), the Facilities’ Capital Projects Portfolio, and the formulation and implementation of Service Level Agreements between the IDB Group members for corporate services. As a Department, BDA also provides budget and corporate procurement services including the formulation of the Bank’s Administrative and Capital Budgets through its Budget and Procurement Services Division (BGT).
The Administration of corporate Real Estate Group (ACR), within ACP, is responsible for coordinating the Bank’s Real Estate Portfolio and developing and recommending strategies and guidelines on space usage, facilities design standards, project and construction management, facilities condition assessments, and the disposition of the IDB’s corporate real estate portfolio in both the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and in the Latin American and Caribbean Region.
ACR is offering a consultant opportunity for a Real Estate professional to support the implementation of the Corporate Real Estate Approach, which entails major renovations of the main IDB building in its Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices in the Region.
What you’ll do
· Support the implementation of the new IDB Corporate Real Estate Approach (CREA) for Headquarters and Country Offices, including partners’ management as required.
· Support operational processes related to CREA including strategy, design, implementation, financial management, and reporting.
· Conduct business process analysis and reengineering under the mentorship of senior staff and team leads to develop and maintain guidelines and standard methodologies for the design, implementation, and operation of capital projects.
· Assist in preparing, updating, and maintaining information channels, workflows, web-based tools, presentations, and other visual content to facilitate, exchange, and convey information exchange with clients.
· Support the Corporate Sustainability Program (CSP) by identifying efficiencies in Procurement processes. Moreover, in coordination with the Project Management and Analytics (PMA) group, support the implementation of digital tools for space/asset/data management.
What you’ll need
· Education: Master in science, Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, or Facilities Management (or related field) with a focus on Information Management, Systems, Project Management, or related field.
· Experience: At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in facilities or business environments or project management/real estate. Demonstrated experience working for multilateral organizations with a focus on the Latin American and Caribbean region.
· Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
· Ability to develop, analyze and articulate project and program issues.
· Ability to diagnose problems and propose reliable solutions.
· Knowledge of IDB administrative policies, procedures, systems, and databases is a plus.
· Experience engaging collaborators to collect and prioritize business needs.
· Experience in supporting senior staff and management in handling multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
· Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
· Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
· Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time.
· Length of contract: 12 months.
· Work Location: On site.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
· A competitive compensation packages.
· Leaves and vacations: 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
· Health Insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
· Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
· We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
· Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
· Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
· Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
· Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.