With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Under the functional supervision of the Director of Human Resources and in close collaboration with the Postal Technology Centre Directorate (DCTP) Director:
– Act as the first HR contact point for DCTP staff;
– Respond to all day-to-day and/or structural HR issues faced by the DCTP on the basis of technical expertise and DRH policies and procedures.
1. Provide managers with support and advice to help them to better understand people issues and develop their teams when carrying out internal reorganizations and/or filling vacancies and preparing succession plans or sensitive cases. Propose solutions.
2. Act as a point of contact for DCTP staff, provide them with support and advice and respond to their questions and needs, analyze individual cases and interpret and apply regulations, rules, administrative instructions and HR procedures in accordance with the level of authority of the post and the principles established by the DRH.
3. Steer the recruitment process by preparing post descriptions and vacancy notices, helping to select candidates, drafting contracts and organizing the induction of new arrivals in line with established DRH procedures.
4. Manage administrative tasks relating to DCTP staff (managing contracts, arrivals and departures, preparing payroll data, dealing with special cases, updating statistics and dashboards, etc.) in line with established DRH procedures.
5. Propose and implement training modules for DCTP staff (individual, group or bespoke) to help the business grow and keep pace with technological developments (covering budgeting, organization of seminars and workshops, negotiation and management of contracts with external partners, etc.), where applicable in collaboration with colleagues in the DRH.
6. Facilitate annual performance reviews (DCTP staff work plans, mid-term and annual assessments, retrieval and processing of key information).
7. Roll out HR policies, rules and procedures laid down by the International Bureau (IB) DHR within the DCTP.
8. Participate in IB HR projects led by the DRH.
9. Pre-empt and prevent conflicts. Act as a person of trust or mediator within the DCTP in situations of tension and/or conflict at HR level.QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED Education:
First-level university degree (bachelor) in human resources, social sciences or business administrationExperience:
At least five years’ experience of managing personnel in several areas covered by the post.Technical knowledge:
1. Excellent knowledge of human resource management (principles, procedures, implementation).
2. Excellent practical knowledge of recruitment and staff administration.
3. Excellent knowledge of human resources support and development.
4. Very good knowledge of workplace mediation.
5. Good knowledge of UN HR policies and procedures would be an asset.
6. Information Security for Human Resources Management.Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Professionalism: awareness of customer service, including availability. Ability to organize and implement HR activities and/or projects (recruitment, training, etc.). Ability to devise HR plans; practical understanding of HR records management.
2. Communication: ability to listen; excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Ethical awareness and ability to remain calm and composed in the face of difficulties.
4. Teamwork: ability to work individually and as part of a group.Language skills:
Proficiency in French or English. Knowledge of the other language would be an advantage.Additional Information:
This is a non-core post. This position will be in full compliance with the “Rules governing non-core staff”, which expressly exclude some international benefits (home leave, installation grant, education grant and eligibility to a continuing appointment).
The selected staff will participate in the UPU Provident Scheme and will be insured together with their recognized dependents against the risks of sickness and accidents.
This is a three years’ contract which can be renewed if the services continue to be required in the future, the funds are available and/or the staff member’s performance is satisfactory. However, this appointment does not automatically carry any expectancy of extension or renewal or of conversion to any other type of appointment.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Priority shall be given for an internal promotion.
The UPU is committed to encouraging diversity within its workforce. Interested candidates from minority groups and/or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated equally and in the strictest confidence.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
Candidates must ensure that they provide relevant contact details so that they can be contacted at any time, to prevent them from
being excluded from the selection process.
The UPU is committed to securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for its staff members. In this regard, candidates under serious consideration for selection may be subject to satisfactory background checks aimed at validating the educational and professional background records as indicated by candidates in their respective application forms. At the discretion of the UPU, such background checks may also be extended to include criminal records, disciplinary measures, sexual exploitation and abuse, and professional license check validation.Annual salary: (Net of tax)
64,121 USDPost adjustment: 77.3 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for written test. Additional testing/interviewing may be used as a form of screening.
The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.
All applications must be received by the closing date as stated in the vacancy announcement.
All applicants employed by postal entities and applying for a vacant position in the Professional (P) or Senior (D) category must be recommended and submitted through the competent postal authority.
Applications not satisfying this criterion may not be considered.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Applications from women and member states are particularly encouraged.
The UPU promotes diversity and work-life balance.
For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the UPU internet page at: https://upu.int/en/Universal-Postal-Union/Careers…