OBJECTIVE OF THE OFFICE/DEPARTMENT
This is a requisition for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO)
The Department of Human Resources Management (HRM) supports PAHO’s mission of working in and with countries towards the improvement of health and quality of life in the countries of the Americas through strategic, innovative and variable human resources practices, policies, programs and services to attract, engage and retain highly qualified, talented staff committed to excellence, mutual respect and trust
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Director, Human Resources Management (HRM), and the direct supervision of the Specialist, Human Resources Information Systems, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
a) Serve as the administrator of the Human Resources Information Systems;
b) Collaborate and coordinate between end-users and ITS, in the analysis, design, functional configuration, testing and maintenance of Workday modules to ensure optimal support in the business;
c) Design, develop, maintain, and analyze moderate to complex reports (advanced, matrix, composite, BIRT) to meet internal and external reporting requirements, utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, as well as other organizational tools and available technologies;
d) Produce HR metrics required by senior HRM staff to analyze the Department’s effectiveness, in Workday and Power BI;
e) Manage, review, monitor and troubleshoot system integrations and complex reporting data, as well as user accounts (iLearn, Lynda, etc.) between WHO and PAHO systems (CSOD, PMIS, SFTP, etc.);
f) Troubleshoot issues related to HR reports and resolve in a timely manner throughout the Organization (HQ and Country Offices);
g) Perform data validation on data uploads and other data conversions and maintain accuracy of data;
h) Identify strategy and key for the most effective and efficient use of the system; understand the business needs and requirements and configure the system accordingly;
i) Participate and contribute to the implementation of HR Planning in Adaptive Planning software of Workday;
j) Contribute to the development, administration and/or maintenance of the HRM department’s SharePoint site, including HRM @ work, HRM File Cabinets, etc.;
k) Coordinate the development, update, and maintenance of the HRM Intranet site in coordination with the relevant parties;
l) Edit documents to be published on the Internet and Intranet, adapting the presentation to the requirements of the Organization and selecting and applying approaches, which will optimize the visual impact of the final product, in consultation with the authors;
m) Provide IT support for all the projects and initiatives carried out by HRM which require software implementation or data management utilizing complex parameters through PMIS reporting;
n) Support the implementation and administration of new software in the organization such as Workday Recruiting, Power APPs, Power Virtual Agent and Power BI;
o) Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Essential: Certificate of completion of high school.
Desirable: Advanced training related to systems analysis, data processing and software development. Web Development Certification.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO, only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. PAHO will also use the databases of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/ and College Navigator, found on the website of the National Centre for Educational Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator to support the validation process.
Essential: Six years of progressively responsible experience in the management and support of enterprise business processes and applications.
Desirable: Experience in Workday implementation would be an asset.
· Overall attitude at work: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behavior; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
· Teamwork: Collaborate and cooperate with other/Deal effectively with conflict – Creates team spirit; promotes collaboration and open communication in the team; proactively supports others; welcomes team responsibilities and drives team results; promotes knowledge sharing in the team. Proactively identifies conflicts and facilitates their resolution in a respectful manner; tactfully resolves conflicts between or with others and takes action to reduce any possible tension; effectively builds a rapport with individuals and teams, establishing good personal and professional relationships, as well as minimizing risk of potential conflict.
· Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Relate well to diversity in others and capitalize on such diversity – Treats all people with dignity and respect. Relates well to people with different cultures, gender, orientations, backgrounds and/or positions; examines own behavior to avoid stereotypical responses; considers issues from the perspective of others and values their diversity.
· Communication: Express oneself clearly when speaking/Listen/Write effectively/Share knowledge – Foresees communication needs of audience and targets message accordingly. Facilitates open communication; encourages others to share their views openly and takes time to understand and consider their views. Writes down ideas in a clear, structured, logical and credible way; drafts and supports the development of guidelines, policies and procedures. Shares relevant information openly and ensures that the shared information is understood; considers knowledge sharing as a constructive working method and demonstrates awareness of the Organization.
· Knowing and Managing Yourself: Remain productive/Continuously learn – Remains objective and focused even in a “changing and moving” environment; continues to display positive behavior when facing some constraints; keeps challenges in perspective. Seeks all relevant information for decision making from a wide range of sources; quickly learns new competencies and skills that expand role capability; shows rapid understanding of new and/or complex information relevant to job.
· Producing results: Work efficiently and independently/ Deliver quality results/Take responsibility – Prioritizes work, monitors own progress against objectives and adapts plans as required; communicates adjustments as necessary. Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively. Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs. Works independently to produce new results and sets own time lines effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives. Demonstrates accountability for own success, as well as for errors; learns from experience.
· Ability to maintain databases, input data, and prepare reports and documentation including special charts, graphics, and other features using desktop publishing and graphic software packages.
· Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare reports and documentation.
· Ability to work harmoniously as a team member in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
· Knowledge of World Wide Web site design and development, Web publishing tools, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), web site structure, web file formatting and conversion, and web image editing and manipulation.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Advanced knowledge of Power BI.
· Knowledge of Workday HCM configuration and business processes; extensive knowledge of the Workday reporting capabilities.
· Advanced understanding of integration systems and related security; advance knowledge of cloud technologies.
· Technical knowledge and experience with all forms of advanced Workday reporting and integrations (Matrix, Dashboards, Composite, XML/XSLT, BIRT).
Very good knowledge of Spanish and English.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use current technology and software, as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Other IT skills and knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Word are considered essential. Expertise in Web application technologies such as PHP, MySQL databases and HTML Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint, Power BI, and Project would be an asset.
Annual Salary: (Net of taxes)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Local Recruitment)
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to PAHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and e-Manual.
For information on PAHO please visit: http://www.paho.org
PAHO/WHO is an ethical organization that maintains high standards of integrity and accountability. People joining PAHO are required to maintain these standards both in their professional work and personal activities.
PAHO/WHO also promotes a work environment that is free from harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, and other types of abusive behavior. PAHO conducts background checks and will not hire anyone who has a substantiated history of abusive conduct.
PAHO/WHO personnel interact frequently with people in the communities we serve. To protect these people, PAHO has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. People who commit serious wrongdoing will be terminated and may also face criminal prosecution.
PAHO/WHO is committed to workforce diversity. PAHO/WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
PAHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance). Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, dependency benefits, pension plan, and health insurance scheme.
All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.
Administrative/support positions in Washington, D.C. are open to Washington, D.C. metropolitan area residents only. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or hold a Permanent Resident Alien card (Green Card).
Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration. A written test and/or interview will be held for this post. The post description is the official documentation for organizational purposes.