WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job Title: Global Service Management Specialist
Type of Contract: Consultant Level II
Division: TECM Foundational Technology Services
Duty Station: Rome, HQ
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change. Powered by the passion, dedication, and professionalism of our 20,000 staff worldwide, the World Food Programme (WFP) works in over 80 countries to bring life-saving food to people displaced by conflict and made destitute by disasters, and help individuals and communities find life-changing solutions to the multiple challenges they face in building better futures.
We work to enhance nutrition in women and children, support smallholder farmers in improving productivity and reducing losses, help countries and communities prepare for and cope with climate-related shocks, and boost human capital through school feeding programmes.
In conflict situations, we bring relief to exhausted populations and use food assistance to build pathways to peace and stability – work for which WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
The WFP Technology Division (TEC) is the nervous system of WFP, connecting staff with each other and with our beneficiaries, donors and partners. Running all vital IT systems, TEC serves as the main driver for continuity of operations, efficiency gains and innovations that empower staff globally to effectively implement the Strategic Plan.
Reporting directly to the Easyvista and Application Support Lead of the Infrastructure Services Unit in TECM Foundational Technology Services branch, the GSMT Specialist will coordinate the System Administration activities related to the GSMT platform as well manage the relationship with the GSMT Service Provider, ensuring the service meets the agreed SLA.
- Act as GSMT – EasyVista Incident Manager, planning and facilitating all activities involved in the incident management process with the supplier and other TEC teams.
- Coordinating and communicate with the platform supplier and product owner, ensuring that agreed SLAs are complied with.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the supplier’s incident management process, recommend improvements and ensure the process is followed.
- Liaise with the supplier to coordinate major changes and maintenances.
- Manage the GSMT system administration team to provide effective support to the platform, acting as Officer on call for the platform availability outside of working hours.
- Administer and configure the GSMT platform for use by local and global support centers across WFP.
- Collaborate with the GSMT Product Owner and with the other TEC teams to coordinate the evolution of the services provided by the platform and to optimize and streamline the workflow of the same activities.
- Provide transition/migration services between the platform environments and implement new and changed services into production.
- Create and manage domains/groups/roles/employees.
- Act as second level support for GSMT related incidents and escalate to supplier if needed.
- Provide second and third level support to Service Designers worldwide.
- Collaborate on integrating the GSMT with other ticketing systems and business tools.
- Collaborate in integrating the GSMT with Cloud services.
- Manage service requests (tickets) and provide support to end-users on IT WEB-based applications and services distributed in WFP, access rights, profiles, troubleshooting, etc.
- Prepare and update documentation.
- Other duties as required.
- DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Administer the GSMT platform and support the creation and troubleshooting of services created by service engineers in WFP units worldwide.
- Log major incidents, escalate within the vendor platform and follow up as required.
- Perform quality assurance on vendor service and perform service evaluation.
- Provide handover plan and documentation for IT Service Desk on routine support tasks.
- Provide second and third level support and maintenance of the platform, and several IT applications provided by TEC branch.
- Support corporate services, maintain documentation and provide support for in-depth analysis of reported issues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University Degree on Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in 24×7 mission critical environments supporting production applications and/or administration of Enterprise IT Services preferably in large international organizations.
- Proved experience in service management and incident management with main ITSM platforms (EasyVista and/or ServiceNow would be preferable)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience administrating and troubleshooting web applications, CMS platforms and document management systems.
- Best practices certifications in service management.
- Infrastructure monitoring to proactively identify potential issues before they become performance problems.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer service oriented and collaborative with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and directed, able to work effectively with little or no guidance.
- Keen attention to detail, problem-solving and task prioritization abilities.
- Ability to produce architectural documentation and operational procedures.
- Cloud certification on AWS, Azure or GCP is required.
- Certification on Agile/Scrum or ITIL v4 is required.
- Experience with Azure DevOps for CI/CD pipelines management is desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our Work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 28 September 2023 at 11:59pm Rome time (CET/CEST)
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, and complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is completed, please submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passports, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives