Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)
H (no hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
September 28, 2023
Terms of Reference
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To be eligible to work in Canada, applicants must have one of the following legal statuses: Canadian citizen or a (valid) Permanent Resident of Canada or authorized in writing to work in Canada under the federal Immigration Act (valid work permit).
The incumbent will be responsible for updating the PSP Canada SharePoint site, ensuring that the online collaborative calendar of activities is regularly updated and identifying ways we can improve visibility and usability for all colleagues in the office.
He/she will also be responsible updating staff list and interns list and schedules within the PSP Office.
An important component of the role will be researching, designing and implementing tools or platforms to help PSP Canada updating the flowcharts and in relation to HR, Procurement and budget monitoring on SharePoint sites.
The incumbent will be responsible for updating Asset management tracker and office recording.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in updating SharePoint pages
• Regularly updating and improving the PSP Canada SharePoint site
• Policy updates on local SharePoint PSP Canada
• Assist in providing material needed from office to support operation PSP Americas in the region when needed
• Assist supplier correspondences and reports
• Assist in office procurement
• Responsible in maintaining monthly inventory, and in the distribution of stationery supplies as well and to assist in sending/receiving mail and couriers.
• Assist in digitalizing administrative/finance documents
• Asset management update and Barcoding office equipment
• Assist in HR/admin tasks (attendance record, travel arrangements, quotes, etc.)
• Policy research within the UNHCR
• Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in progress or completed within the last 24 months
• Experience in Administrative works is an asset
• Experience in SharePoint is an asset
• Excellent communications skills
• Have good experience using the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent organizing skills and good attention to details.
• Be able to multi-task and prioritizing workload
• Eligible to work in Canada (work permit – Canadian residents- Canadian Citizens)
Interns must be eligible to work in Canada.
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Recent graduate* or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant to, or of interest to, the work of the organization.
*Recent graduates are to be considered those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying for an internship with UNHCR.
NOTE: An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother, or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
Food and Local Transportation Allowance
Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to support costs related to food and local transportation.
The maximum allowance for a full-time internship is 1,737.79 CAD. UNHCR working hours are from 9-5 Monday through Friday.
The duty station for this internship is Toronto. Individuals applying from other provinces are responsible for associate travel cost to Toronto.
The selected candidate for the internship is required to provide proof of health insurance as part of his/her hiring documents. UNHCR internship contract does not include any medical insurance coverage.
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance