Do you want to join our professional and committed global team in our mission to protect civilians? Do you have experience in working successfully with multiple donors in a fast-pasted environment? Are you ready for new experiences and to take the next step in your career? We are looking for our new Programme Coordinator who wants to be a catalyst for change!
Wars and armed conflicts come to an end; however, the remnants of war continue to impact millions of people for decades to follow. Mine Action and Disarmament’s vision is a world where people and communities are safe, resilient and protected before, during and after armed conflict. Together with national authorities and other stakeholders, we are working to resolve problems faced by local communities caused by Explosive Ordnance (EO). Currently, NPA has more than 20 Mine Action Programmes ongoing in Africa, Asia, Latin America, South East Europe and the Middle East.
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of our program and our communication focal point on behalf of NPA. You will be supporting our Management-team consisting of engaged, skilled and driven leaders.
- Comprehensive salary package including country specific allowances and insurance scheme.
- Six weeks’ annual holiday.
- Three international flights home per contract year.
- R&R scheme.
Please note that we offer a two-year contract* with the possibility of renewal. The salary and allowances are subject to income tax according to NPA’s Tax Policy. The working conditions, including annual leave, follow the Norwegian Working Environment Act.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with multiple donors including proposal writing and reporting.
- Proven ability to manage complex, time-sensitive activities and to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and network with local, provincial and national authorities and other INGO stakeholders.
- Relevant higher education. Relevant work experience can potentially compensate for the lack of higher education.
- Professional writing skills to a high standard and verbal proficiency in English.
- Good computer skills.
We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to cooperate and work in a multi-cultural/multinational setting. You have strong communication skills with the ability to transfer knowledge, identify and resolve issues, and work with a high degree of independence. You have a structured mindset and are great at planning, executing plans and reaching deadlines.
As a Programme Coordinator, you will be at the forefront of our program in Iraq. Your key responsibility will be to:
- Coordinate and collate inputs from the Senior Management Team (SMT), Admin/HR, Finance, Logistics, Information Management and Operations departments as part of reporting and proposal writing.
- Provide general support to the Programme Manager related to fundraising and donor engagement.
- Draft key documents as directed by the Programme Manager.
- Monitor the implementation of, and compliance with, all donor requirements.
- Act as the communication focal point for the programme.
- Fulfil the role of climate and environment focal point within the programme.
- Support the Senior Management Team with other tasks as directed by the Programme Manager.