Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (RBLAC) is seeking an SDG Integration Analyst to support the work of the Regional Adviser on SDG Integration in Latin America and the Caribbean. UNDP highlights the persistent challenges in the region to achieve the 2030 Agenda, including the HIV/AIDS pandemic, the climate emergency, political polarization and the challenge to multilateralism, ongoing conflicts and forced displacement, among others. These challenges require systemic solutions and UNDP is committed, through multilateral cooperation, to developing integrated solutions for sustainable development that are guided by the social, economic, and environmental priorities of each country.
The role of the SDG Integration Analyst is key to the implementation and acceleration of the 2030 Agenda and its SDGs by providing an integrated support to the Regional Adviser on SDG Integration regarding the implementation of the SDG Integration Offer.
Contributing to the implementation of the Regional SDG Integration Offer is key to continue building productive, inclusive, and resilient societies in LAC, driven by effective governance, moving towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The SDG Integration Analyst will report directly to the Regional Adviser on SDG Integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
The SDG Integration Analyst’s tasks will be focused on providing direct support to the Regional Adviser on SDG Integration. The SDG Integration Analyst will support the Advisor by:
- Providing support in the implementation of the new integration tools.
- Developing country analyses and diagnostics.
- Performing analyses and research to develop and support the implementation of the Course on Integrated Policy approaches for the Acceleration of the SDGs for CAF staff members.
- Engaging and collaborating with the work of the regional COs.
- Providing technical support on development planning.
- Supporting COs leveraging data and methodologies for integration and acceleration of the SDGs.
- Providing support for the upcoming UN Summits (2023-2024).
The SDG Integration Analyst will report to the Regional Adviser on SDG Integration.
Note: This is 90% part-time home-based position with the Regional Hub for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- ACHIEVE RESULTS – LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- THINK INNOVATEVELY – LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- LEARN CONTINUOUSLY – LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- ADAPT WITH AGILITY – LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- ACT WITH DETERMINATION – LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- ENGAGE AND PARTNER – LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- ENABLE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION – LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- KNOWLEDGE GENERATION: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. • Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- WORKING WITH EVIDENCE AND DATA: Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making.
- PROGRAMME AND POLICY – 2030 AGENDA: ENGAGEMENT & EFFECTIVENESS
- SDG INTEGRATION: Rapid Integrated Assessment.
- SDG INTEGRATION: SDG Monitoring and Reporting.
- SDG INTEGRATION: Economy-wide analysis.SA
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master´s degree or equivalent) in Economics, Development, or other related fields is required, or
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in the above fields in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Up to 2 years with Master’s degree or a minimum of 2 years with Bachelor’s degree of professional work experience in Economics, Development, or other related fields.
- Experience in academic/research, development, consulting, and/or public sector institutions.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Ability to produce clear and concise written reports.
- Familiarity with the UN system or other development organization, desirable.
- High proficiency in research and data analysis is an asset.
- Experience in research methodologies and data collection, desirable.
- Experience in supporting the preparation of material & documentation for international events, desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.