Overall purpose of the role: The Program Development & Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring quality throughout the project cycle; from the initial project idea and proposal design through to continuously enhancing the quality of programme implementation. This position also provides coordination and technical support to the Head of Programs (HoP) and the various Heads of Offices (HoO) for the implementation of program activities, and leads on business development and grants management, with oversight of a Grants Management team.
- 1. Project Development and Coordination
- Coordinate the development of concept notes and proposals in collaboration with technical coordinators, field staff, operations staff, the DRC Regional Office, and DRC HQ colleagues, ensuring alignment with DRC and donor strategies, priorities and requirements and DRC’s programme handbook guidelines.
- Facilitate communication between all departments (program, MEAL, finance, safety, logistics and procurement, and human resources) in drafting of proposals and budgets and reports.
- Support Program Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that kick-off, quarterly review and close-out meetings are held in a regular and timely manner to monitor project implementation and spend, support operation/program integration, troubleshoot challenges, ensure donor compliance, and identify and apply lessons learned.
- Support with the coordination and grants management of partnerships and consortia engagement
- Conduct visits to field locations as needed.
- 2. Resource Mobilization
- Maintain up-to-date information on donor strategies, priorities and funding opportunities through the Donor Engagement Tracking Tools.
- Develop donor engagement strategies, working closely with the programme team and within input from the area offices and field offices.
- Support in development of an overall funding strategy for the country, broken down by areas and sectors.
- 3. Line Management and Capacity Building
- Undertake training and capacity development for programme and operation staff as well as partner organizations on grants management principles and processes to enhance quality within DRC programming. Topics will include donor compliance, report writing, proposal development, and other topics as needed.
- Support the development and/or customization of training materials to meet the needs of different DRC staff.
- Support capacity building within the grants team as necessary.
- Provide management support and direction to the Program Development team including regular feedback and guidance as necessary, as well as formal performance management according to DRC systems
- Support in the process of nationalization of positions as appropriate and feasible
- 4. Reporting and Record Keeping
- Manage internal and external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements, working closely with programme managers, technical coordinators, and the finance team, as well as regional and HQ staff as necessary.
- Support in developing and management project consolidation tools for use by senior management for decision making, including consolidating regular internal programme progress reports based on input from programme managers and reporting on key programme highlights/issues.
- Maintain the grants and report tracking system, including regular updating within DRC’s Grants Management System within Dynamics, to ensure all grant files and sub-grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
- Ensure that grant files are up to date and updates communicated to DRC staff in a timely manner.
- 5. Other
- Raise any issues of non-compliance and assure compliance with DRC standards and procedures
- Coordinate with Comms/Advocacy for success story content, communication tools, etc.
- Ensure adherence to DRC’s Age, Gender, and Diversity policy and AGD programmatic minimum standards
- Ensure compliance with zero-tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
- Provide regular updates to HoP and SMT
- Any other duties as agreed with HoP
Experience and technical competencies:
- Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred
- At least three years of INGO field experience in a similar position that includes proposal development, reporting and grants management.
- Knowledge of key donor regulations, procedures and requirements (UN, EC, USG, etc.).
- Proven ability to develop winning proposals for public and private-sector donors.
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to determine priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing tasks and manage well under pressure
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability/willingness to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and spoken English required; Arabic and/or Kurdish is an asset.
- Willingness to follow security policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with local staff and other stakeholders;
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, remote area environment, under team condition
- Staff Management of a team.
- Masters degree in relevant field is preferred
- English (fluent)
- Arabic (desirable)
- Senior Management
- Area Management
- Technical Coordinators
- Project Managers
- Head of offices
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
- Contract Length: 12 months
- Salary Band: MF Level 1
- Start Date: 15 November 2023
- Comprehensive health insurance for staff, spouse, and up to two children under 18.
- Personal Accident insurance coverage in the event of work-related accidents during working hours.
- Psychosocial support for staff and family members.
- Learning & Development opportunities for professional growth.
Diversity & Inclusion: DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.