Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 400 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
Overall purpose of the role:
Responsible for procurement of goods and services as per the assigned tasks, logistics functions at Chernihiv Base level (storage, warehousing, transportation, etc.), representation of DRC in the government bodies, and general logistics support to the program.
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Support and administration
• Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
• Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
• Develop and maintain relevant data base.
• Maintaining the assets list.
• Weekly and monthly status reports
• Warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
• Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the logistics team
• Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
• Procurement of all goods and services
• Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
• Track all orders, purchases and deliveries
• Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
• Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC’s interests are protected
• Vehicle fleet management
• Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
• Fixed asset management
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
• Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
Experience and technical competencies:
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications are open until 31st Ocrober 2023
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!