|Position Level||AS 5|
|Department||Climate Change and Sustainable Development Department|
|Division||Climate Change, Resilience, and Environment Cluster|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Monday, October 2, 2023|
|Closing Date||Monday, October 16, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
This is a fixed term appointment with option to renew for an initial period of 3 years following Section 3.1 (b) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. . After the initial fixed period, ADB has the option to renew the appointment for up to three years or allow it to expire. This decision is based on ADB’s overall interest in retaining the skills and experience of the staff for medium-term work program within the respective group, department, or office, while considering the availability of funding sources.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Climate Change Resilience and Environment Cluster (CCRE) within the Climate Change and Sustainable Development Department (CCSD). CCSD provides leadership in thematic operations, knowledge innovation, and partnerships to position ADB as the region’s climate bank. CCRE coordinates and provides strategic guidance on ADB’s work on climate change, disaster risk management, and environmental sustainability, and administers climate change and disaster risk management funds. Moreover, CCRE is responsible in integrating ADB’s climate adaptation and low-carbon agenda in its operations.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Operations Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to the CCRE front office and the cluster by assisting in the logistical and coordination arrangements, travel and mission arrangements, event management, document review and support in CCRE’s budget and work programming. The incumbent will collect and consolidate information across the cluster for analytical purposes, and coordinate work across CCRE teams. The incumbent may be assigned to one or more teams within CCRE Cluster and will report to the designated International Staff (IS)and senior National Staff
Coordination, Logistics and Administrative Support
- Responsible for the overall office administration of CCRE Cluster which would include, among others: (i) timely coordination with the CCSD’s front office on the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats; (ii) efficiently support mission travel arrangements, clearances, and liquidation of expenses (including arrangement of flight and hotel bookings in accordance with ADB procedures and assistance in preparation of back to office report); and (iii) prepare arrangements for meetings, ensure effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules, and prepare meeting notes / summaries as needed.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing documents, reports, emails for comments and action, and ensure that all correspondence and documents are compliant with ADB’s standards.
- Ensure all the incoming mails / requests are properly addressed and distributed to relevant staff, and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that all outgoing mails are delivered on time.
- Provide back-up support to the (Associate) Operations Coordinator and Senior Operations Assistant (AS5), as required and assist in managing consultant and resource persons contracts and provide guidance to other operations assistant, contractors, and/or national administrative consultants, as needed.
- Ensures adequate stocks of office supplies and equipment requirements of the cluster.
- Assist the Supervisor and/or designated staff in CCRE front office in handling day-to-day operational functions and assist in preparation, consolidation, coordination and monitoring of activities for the CCRE work plan and budget.
- Assist in compiling relevant information and data gathering related to the CCRE/CCSD to produce reports as required and ensure that the documents, reports, and publications are in order and follows consistent system for easy retrieval.
- Assist in drafting, revising and reviewing relevant files including memos, briefing notes, presentations for meetings, events, workshops and various business purposes and in preparing necessary correspondence (e.g. communications on interdepartmental review) and matrix of comments.
- Ensure the flow of documents for effective monitoring of the CCRE deadlines and that all correspondence and documents for the Supervisor’s and/or designated IS’ signature are correctly prepared in compliance with ADB standards.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the central databases and platforms (e.g. SharePoint sites / folders / websites) in accordance with relevant guidelines for easy retrieval and record management and ensure accuracy and update of data.
- Coordinate and monitor milestones for processing of policy and strategy-related papers and speeches, briefing papers, and other advisory materials for Management, and take necessary follow up action to avoid delay in processing those documents.
- Screen incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, referring callers to concerned staff, and handle requirements of unexpected visitors.
- Assist in organizing activities for the community of practice within CCRE and in collaboration with various ADB teams by responding to their questions and connecting requests to relevant teams.
- Ensure effective coordination of cluster’s calendar and accurate updating of event’s database.
- Provide administrative support in organizing CCRE’s activities such as high-level meetings, seminars/workshops, and thematic trainings including logistical arrangement, coordinating with relevant participants; and fulfilling protocol and communications-related requirements, as needed.
- Assist in preparing pre and post event blurbs for communications and centralize event records in the CCRE/CCSD SharePoint sites.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Environment, Climate Change, Communications, Social Studies, Business Administration, Accounting, Management, or other relevant discipline combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience with at least 3 years of experience relating to project processing and administration work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Proficiency in ADB standard software programs, database and website management, and other IT platforms and systems is an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Familiarity in videoconferencing tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the front office / department and a good understanding of the organization’s purpose.
- Good understanding of ADB’s procedures, formats, and standards relevant in the performance of assigned work.
- Interpersonal skills and working together within the team and with the external clients are particularly required.
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.