|Position Level||AS 5|
|Department||South Asia Department|
|Division||Nepal Resident Mission|
|Location||Nepal Resident Mission|
|Date Posted||Monday, October 2, 2023|
|Closing Date||Monday, October 16, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
This is a fixed term appointment with option to renew for an initial period of 3 years following Section 3.1 (b) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. After the initial fixed period, ADB has the option to renew the appointment for up to three years or allow it to expire. This decision is based on ADB’s overall interest in retaining the skills and experience of the staff for medium-term work program within the respective group, department, or office, while considering the availability of funding sources.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Nepal.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Nepal Resident Mission (NRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership, innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. NRM is supporting the Government of Nepal’s development objective of accelerated sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Finance and Administration Assistant contributes to the resident mission (RM) by assisting in the areas of financial management and control, reporting and assistance in general office administration and logistics, including personnel management follow-ups to the functions of the finance and administration unit. The incumbent will report to a designated international staff (IS) and senior national staff (NS).
• Prepares/verifies the necessary purchase orders, vouchers, receipts, and other supporting documentation for RM’s financial transactions, according to ADB’s guidelines and procedures.
• Assists the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer in preparing mid-year and annual budget estimates for submission to ADB HQ.
• Maintains liaison with host government agencies to facilitate and follow-up on requests for tax exemption, issuance, renewal, and reimbursements.
• Assists in the procurement of office items (institutional procurement) following e-Proc System and other ADB guidelines and maintaining strict internal controls. Prepare cost comparison charts and initial verifications of quotations obtained from the suppliers for final verification by the Senior Finance and Administration Officer, including requisition form and purchase/work order.
• Assists in the implementation of ISO 2009:2015 Quality Management System on NRM F&A function.
• Follows up general office and personnel administration when necessary.
• Maintains and manages filing system on finance/administrative matters.
• Assists in booking air seats for official travel of NRM staff, visiting missions, and government participants attending ADB funded training workshops overseas, including follow-ups on visa issuance with concerned agencies.
• Maintains liaison with various service providers, government offices and other stakeholders to ensure adequate levels of service.
• Assists in monitoring the operation of office equipment, including office vehicles for regular maintenance and upkeep. Monitor analytical data on fuel consumption and maintenance works of office vehicles and RM’s standby diesel generators, including other office facilities.
• Assists Senior Finance and Administrative Officer in the supervision of General Services Staff (regular and directly hired contractual staff).
• Performs any other duties as required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or equivalent professional and/or academic qualifications.
• At least 5 years’ experience in financial accounting and general office administration including logistics.
• Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
• Solid numerical ability.
• Proficiency with computer software for information management and generating ad hoc reports.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures, guidelines, and standards.
• Ability to work independently and set own work priorities.
• Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff 5.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s experience and qualifications.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of ADB member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.