|Position Level||AS 6/7|
|Division||Energy Sector Office|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Monday, October 2, 2023|
|Closing Date||Monday, October 16, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
This is a fixed term appointment with option to renew for an initial period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (b) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment.. After the initial fixed period, ADB has the option to renew the appointment for up to three years or allow it to expire. This decision is based on ADB’s overall interest in retaining the skills and experience of the staff for medium-term work program within the respective group, department, or office, while considering the availability of funding sources.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Energy Sector Office of the Sectors Group (SG-ENE) under the Sectors Group. The Sectors Group is a single operational group comprising seven sector offices that aims to deliver impactful sector strategy, initiatives, and integrated solutions that advance ADB’s strategic agenda in the region and with ADB’s clients. The Sectors Group delivers or supports the delivery of sovereign, nonsovereign, and advisory operations, and knowledge services, supports regional departments (RD) and resident missions (RM) in engaging with Developing Member Countries (DMCs), and ensures ADB’s technical leadership externally and internally. SG-ENE is responsible for ADB’s energy sector operations. SG-ENE deals with policy development, oversight of strategy implementation, knowledge management, budget management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work and most loan and technical assistance processing and administration in the energy sector.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst/Project Analyst provides analytical and operational support to the functions of project administration, project processing, and portfolio monitoring. The incumbent will report to the designated international staff and/or senior national staff.
- Monitors progress in loan/grant/technical assistance (TA) project implementation in terms of outcome, outputs and use of project inputs. Prepares and maintains relevant portfolio monitoring reports. Deals with routine queries and correspondences in accordance with ADB project administration and processing procedures.
- Compiles data/statistics on contract awards/disbursements for assigned projects for generation of various reports for Sector Group/Office/Management. Monitors/analyzes actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows-up these matters with the executing agencies.
- Assists project officers in procurement of goods, works and services, and recruitment of consultants. Contributes to the review of various documents, i.e., bidding documents, prequalification of bidders, contract awards, contract variations, request for proposals, and other procurement-related issues, etc.
- Assists in processing disbursements for projects by: (i) following up with project executing agencies (EAs) on timely submission of withdrawal applications with complete required information; (ii) reviewing withdrawal applications for compliance with project agreement; and (iii) coordinating with Controller’s Department on processing of withdrawal applications. Prepares/reviews data input for contract records in the Integrated Disbursement System.
- Participates in various missions as required (e.g., fact-finding, inception, reviews, and project completion report preparation) by: (i) collecting and analyzing project data on indicators for outcome and outputs, institutional arrangements, contract awards and disbursements, and reconciliation of project accounts; (ii) reviewing EA compliance with loan/grant covenants; (iii) updating the Project Administration Manual (PAM); (iv) assisting EAs to be more familiar with ADB procedures on project administration; and (vi) preparing draft sections of the mission aide memoire, as assigned by the Mission Leader.
- Prepares and updates project records in eOperations every month and immediately after completion of a project review mission and participate in the project performance report meetings when needed.
- Contributes to the preparation of PAM by gathering and consolidating project data in the project document appendices. Prepares draft versions of various sections of the project document, as assigned by the Mission Leader. Assists in project processing tasks primarily in: (i) preparing project implementation arrangements, including procurement and disbursement procedures; (ii) contributing to the preparation of status report of pipeline projects; and (iii) regularly updating the project information in eOperations, ensuring that the target dates are timely met for approval up to effectiveness of the project.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s annual workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably relating to project management and administration or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in analytical and support work in project administration, project processing, and portfolio monitoring; related experience in international agencies will be beneficial.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technology such as but not limited to common word-processing, spreadsheets, graphics software and Office 365 used in ADB.
- Strong interpersonal, conceptual, and analytical skills.
· Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6–7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.