icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization, icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities.
Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading causes of death worldwide. Nearly 43% of the population in Bangladesh is in the age group of 6 months to 19 years are exposed to at least one NCD risk factor. Early diagnosis of NCDs in children could help health managers control the increasing burden of these diseases in adults. In this study, a comprehensive and scalable pediatric NCD service delivery model will be developed at primary health care systems in two districts of the Dhaka and Khulna divisions in Bangladesh, in collaboration with pediatric NCD experts and other stakeholders.
The Deputy Project Coordinator will report to Principle Investigator and will be responsible to Plan, organise, monitor and enhance pediatric Non Communicable Diseases project’s activities, collaboration with relevant department of government and international partners, liaison between National Advisory Committee, Scientific Advisory Group, Scientific Working Group and UNICEF, Non Communicable Diseases Control Program of DGHS, prepare proposals for funding, supervise and coordinate the research studies, coordinate with donors to finalize grant agreement, carry on financial and administrative activities with the objective of providing effective and efficient project support to enable research activities WITHIN the guidelines of the Nutrition Research Division and organizational values and guidelines of the Centre (such as Institutional Governance Framework – IGF and Gender Diversity Guidelines).
He/ she will be responsible for:
- Evidence synthesis from situation analysis of pediatrics NCDs in Bangladesh;
- Organize a participatory workshop or seminar with the expert working group to develop treatment guidelines for a specific disease domain;
- Coordination with the NCDC and MIS of DGHS and UNICEF regarding the coordination, collaboration for the integration of pediatric NCDs indicators in HMIS system;
- Provide day-to-day coordination support to the PI with other team leads and administrative departments in other divisions;
- Implementation and coordination of pediatric NCD service delivery model in two districts of Dhaka and Khulna division;
- Conducting policy advocacy sessions with policymakers and stakeholders, disseminating research findings to key audiences;
- Develop and write research manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals;
- Identify funding opportunity and involve in writing research grant;
- Oversee the effective implementation of a large grant-funded research project;
- Coordinate a multi-disciplinary research group on pediatric non-communicable diseases;
- Coordinate to finalize research agreement with donors as well as sub-awardees;
- Monitor and manage the administrative and support staff team to support project activities;
- Facilitate linkage of center’s strategy with the objectives and development of tactical plans;
- Monitor progress of different research activities including a clinical trial;
- Manage the procurement needs of the project according to the icddrb procurement rules and regulations in order to complete research with adherence to quality standard and project timeliness and implement an effective road-map for the research group according to the program’s priority;
- Provide inputs in developing research proposals and study protocols, data collection tools and instrument;
- Estimate requirements for financial and non-financial resources based on the research methodology;
- Seek approval from Finance and other departments on protocol;
- Coordinate with Research Administration team for registering projects with government / international authorities and for securing licenses or approvals for research-related activities in order to leverage research opportunities for the Centre within the organizational guidelines;
- Create plan for review and update of donor’s agreement, Sub-agreement; Collect relevant information from teams and Program Head/PI;
- Monitor achievement against timelines and milestones of implementation plans;
- Review quarterly financial report with Program Head/PI;
- Update team on new developments on functional policies and processes and different plans;
- Respond to escalations and interact with donor administration team, if required in order to monitor smooth functioning of the program activities;
- Coaching and Knowledge Sharing within the team.
Required qualification and experience:
- MBBS with MPH; PhD/Postdoc is preferable.
- At least 10 years of experience in health research and demonstrated leadership role in implementation of large-scale studies, including clinical trials;
- Research experience in healthcare settings, including government hospitals and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare;
- Excellent skills in coordination with high level government authorities and international development partners;
- Established track in scientific Publication in peer reviewed journal, including policy analysis.
Contract Type and duration:
- CSA basis for 6 (six) months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk. 2,02,611/-per month (consolidated) inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances;
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test/interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities to apply.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by 11th October 2023.