Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and supervision of the DRR(O), the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the UNDP RR and other UN officials and high-ranking visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver may also be required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, consultants and experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide reliable and safe driving services using office vehicle predominantly to the Resident Representative and other UN officials and visitors.
- Transport Resident Representative or other UN visitors or officials applying appropriate protocols.
- Deliver and collect mail and documents and perform other messenger responsibilities.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport and assist with visa and customs formality arrangement when required.
Ensure cost-saving through proper use and day-to-day maintenance of the assigned office vehicle
- Maintain accurate daily vehicle logs.
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Make timely minor repairs and/or arrange for major repairs.
- Ensure timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensure availability in the assigned vehicle of all the required documents, supplies and necessary spare parts.
- Keep current in vehicle documents such as vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country.
- Ensure vehicle first aid kit is adequately stocked with standard medical supplies
- Take all immediate actions required by rules, regulations, and laws in case of involvement in accidents.
Perform other duties within incumbent’s functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office and Organization.
- Additional duties may include assisting with pouch, procurement, workshops, and other administrative tasks.
||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
|Adapt with Agility
||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
|Act with Determination
||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
|Engage and Partner
||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion
||LEVEL 1: Appreciates/respects differences, aware of unconscious bias, confronts discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
|Administration & Operations
- Knowledge of policy & procedures on fleet management
|Administration & Operations
||Registry & correspondence management
- Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UNDP pouch; ability to manage archives
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
||UN Policy Ethics
- Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity.
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
- Ability to represent UNDP and productively share UNDP knowledge and activities; advocate for UNDP, its values, mission and work with various constituencies
|| Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education with a valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of 3 years (with high school diploma) of relevant work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Knowledge of driving regulations, rules and laws as well as skills in minor vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Experience in the basic use of computers and relevant office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and ability to use web-based management and electronic log, file and/or scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of protocols and security requirements is an advantage.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.