What we are looking for
We are looking for a Salesforce Technical Lead who will oversee and lead Salesforce-based projects within the Product Development Unit, in particular Cycles and Protect. They will also contribute to establishing minimum development standards and governance guidance for other Salesforce-based solutions developed at country office level for different use-cases.
The ICT Development Section at NRC has gone through a re-organisation process aiming to be more effective in delivering technology leadership & governance, digital solutions and timely support to the organization. As part of these changes, the Product Development Unit has been established and will be headed by a Chief Information Officer (CTO). The unit will be responsible for developing some global solutions, providing overall architecture and integration capabilities as well as technical guidance and governance for the entire organisation. The Salesfoce Technical Lead will work under the CTO in this unit.
What you will do
Some of your specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the Salesforce-based solutions in terms of product vision, data architecture, and system integrations.
- Responsible for the delivery of technical products in alignment with the signed off requirements and features, communicated roadmaps and timelines.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Salesforce solutions, including data-modelling, hands-on configuration, prototyping and demoing to the stakeholders, and as well as planning and executing the systematic testing of implemented features (including but not limited to flows and other Salesforce automations, junction objects, validation rules and formulas, custom metadata types, etc.).
- Carefully handle any live and sensitive data of various NRC databases, with the ability to coordinate, execute, and advise on complex data migration tasks, in alignment with NRC’s data protection policies and best practices.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation among a diverse group of stakeholders with varying levels of technical familiarity and individualized requirements, addressing their unique challenges and building trust to drive improved product implementation.
- Plan and design integration strategies encompassing both one-way data flows and more complex bi-directional connections within the NRC digital ecosystem and particularly with the Salesforce-based applications.
- Organise and facilitate stakeholder engagement sessions and workshops, as required by various project phases, such as requirement gathering, product development, testing and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with and support business owner staff, in charge of user training and roll out.
- Engage with Salesforce key account managers, and other stakeholders, for annual and more long-term licensing and cost-control, including ensuring usage oversight of existing license pools.
- Regularly communicate and document progress in an autonomous manner, report existing and anticipated project challenges and risks, and identify areas requiring additional support to both the CTO and the business owner representatives and/or governance bodies (e.g. Steering Committees).
- Draft and continuously evolve a set of minimum standards to be applied to all Salesforce-based digital solutions across NRC’s country offices and inform digital governance of any major discrepancies with these.
Please download the detailed job description to learn more about the position.
What you will bring
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with IT projects, CRM implementations, and working with startups.
- Advanced Excel skills, with some level of knowledge and comfort with building SOQL and JQL queries
- Track record in project management experience, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) are an advantage.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification is a must have, and at least 1 other valid and relevant Salesforce Certification (preferably between the following: Platform App Builder, Platform Developer, Service Cloud, or Non-Profit Cloud) is preferred.
- Extensive experience as with Salesforce, both in the capacity of a business analysist and a first-level Solutions Architect.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Agile software development projects and an in-depth understanding of the software development cycle.
- Skillset to engage with a variety of stakeholders that operate in different ways and with a diverse set of needs and a demonstrated ability to synthesise and align requirements across these.
- Solid knowledge of the cloud infrastructure, SaaS platforms, and web application design and architecture.
- Solid understanding of CRM database systems and data modelling is required.
What We Offer:
- Duty station: NRC Oslo, Berlin or Brussels.
- Contract: National Permanent contract.
- Salary/benefits: grade 10 on NRC’s regional salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Find out more about the benefits of working for NRC
Important information about the application process:
- Internal candidates only: please click on the suitcase icon labelled “I am an employee” to be redirected to NRC’s internal careers site.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your passport. Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and education.
- Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
If you have any questions about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject line.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. Our 15,000 staff work in crises across 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
Watch this short video to see NRC in action.
Learn more about NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.