The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skillsets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries. Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual to kickstart our work in community mobilization in order to co-develop and measure community-based solutions to fight malaria with at-risk communities. In close collaboration with government partners, this role will lead and manage implementation of community-based interventions; monitor and evaluate the interventions; and advise on doing similar work elsewhere based on lessons learned. This individual will build partnerships with community-based organizations and develop a strong methodology for local community engagement in malaria prevention and control. The Associate will report to CHAI’s global community health technical lead.
The main responsibilities of the position (approximately 75%) include typical project management tasks such as budget preparation and management; data collection, cleaning, analysis and review; close collaboration with government and external partners; and report preparation. With their remaining time (approximately 25%), the Associate is expected to explore community engagement opportunities with other CHAI country programs. This scoping will require close coordination with other CHAI country teams, external and government partners. Finally, the Associate may be called on to support content development related to malaria case management and community health more broadly, as indicated by project need.
The candidate must have excellent communications skills and cultural sensitivity, as they will be working closely with regional and country partners. The successful candidate will have strong technical, organizational and project management skills, and will be capable of conducting rapid quantitative/qualitative analysis and communicating such analysis on a regular basis in a clear and concise manner to colleagues and partners. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual able to function efficiently and constructively with teams/partners across countries, manage multiple tasks at once, make sound informed decisions independently when necessary and build strong relationships. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities including resourcefulness, tenacity, independence, patience, humility, and strong work ethic.
The role includes frequent travel (up to 80%) to rural and remote areas. The base location of this role will be Bohicon or Cotonou, Benin.