The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Erbil, Iraq with regular travel to field bases and Baghdad.
In your role as Grants and Partnerships Manager you will fill a key role in the Country office, in supporting the implementation of the Country Strategy as well as the Partnerships Strategy. You will support in fundraising, grants and partnerships management and development innovative project ideas with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, assess, and pre-select new project ideas based on the country program and in line with the Multi-Annual Country Strategy and the Annual Plan
- Responsible for development of concept notes and proposals, with support from Head of Programs, Head of Projects, and support services
- Develop concept notes for Innovative pilot projects, in cooperation with International and Local organizations
- Develop and monitor project reporting schedules, ensuring reporting occurs correctly and in due time (narrative reports) to Head Office Bonn and donors in coordination with Finance and Project Managers
- Support the Head of Programs in drafting and compiling reports (both narrative and financial) before donor submission
- Support Project Managers and Head of Programs with field visits and internal control on project documentation and perform regular audits of project documentation quality control and filing
- Support the relevant project managers in:
- Coordination, review, and assurance of partner contract requirements in terms of due diligence/partner assessments
- Monitoring and reviewing the proper implementation of partner contracts in accordance with the specified regulations and quality standards
- Capacity assessment of partners and planning of capacity building initiatives with relevant support units
- Quality check and assurance, preparation of aggregated internal and external partner contract reports in cooperation with the program/project management
- A university or college degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Political Sciences or Peace and Conflict Studies
- 3 to 5 years experience in project management, project development, reporting, compliance
- Experience in peace, climate change, economic recovery programing an advantage
- Experience in development and transitional context in the Middle East is an advatange
- Experience in working with partner organizations (partnership management, capacity building)
- Fundraising experience for multiple donors (UNDP, WFP, US donors, EU)
- Strong Interpersonal, analytical and communication (oral and written) skills
- High level of autonomy, proactiveness and curiosity
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent written and spoken english, arabic and/or german language skills would be a plus
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.