Org. Setting and Reporting
The incumbent of this post reports to the Projects Officer.
1. Serve as main focal point for the project and liaise with relevant programmes and support offices to facilitate implementation.
2. Develops a detailed project work plan to monitor and track progress in coordination with relevant staff in programs
3. Monitor assigned projects and budgets and take action as needed (funding allocations, preparation of budget breakdowns, review and overseeing the preparation of budgetary reports closure of grants, etc.);
4. Coordinates with the respective stakeholders to ensure the continuity in execution of the project activities; Provide advice and guidance on requirements for programme planning and budget formulation, including staffing;
5. In coordination with relevant staff in programs, ensures that project activities are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget; coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget;
6. Establishes work plan for the project and arranges for assignment of project personnel where requested; confers with project staff to outline the work plan;
7. Establish and successfully manage the relationship with all stakeholders including External Relations Department, Public Information, Human Resources, Procurement, and Finance;
8. Coordinate the process for the solicitation of inputs from implementing Programmes for donor reports (e.g. interim and final narrative and financial reports); this includes providing templates and clear instructions; review and finalize the report and liaise with External Relations Department for clearance and timely submission of the report;
9. Draft, review, and edit reporting to the donor and visibility products, based on substantive inputs from programs to ensure relevance and appropriate communication style. Contribute to and provide inputs to internal reporting requirements and planning frameworks;
10. Serve as Secretary of a Steering Committee to facilitate the smooth implementation of the project and identify and address bottlenecks. Document and ensure follow-up of action points;
11. Perform risk management to minimize project risks; creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation and ensures lessons learned are captured and documented; update the projects office projects tracking sheet and the RBM system,
12. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
(i) Excellent communication skills.
(ii) Excellent report writing skills; Proven experience in preparing concept notes, Proposals, final narrative reports.
(iii) Proven ability in establishing effective internal work relationships at all levels.
(iv) Demonstrated skills in working with others and ability to handle sensitive issues.
(v) Creativity and ability to take initiative.
(vi) Proven skills in budgeting, reading and understanding financial reports
(vii) Good knowledge of project management cycle and results-based management.
(viii) Excellent command of relevant computer applications including word-processing,Spreadsheets, SAP programme, and databases.
(ix) Demonstrated skills in financial tracking and monitoring.
A university degree in project management, development studies, business administration, finance, engineering, or another related field.
Minimum of three years’ experience working in the area relevant to the project scope, coordination, designing, planning, and managing projects, preferably in the international development or humanitarian sector; work experience with the UN or international organization is strongly preferred and is required.
-Please confirm if you live/ reside in West Bank or Jerusalem? And if you have West Bank or Jerusalem ID. please to mention its number down, as it is desirable.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ (¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿/¿¿¿¿¿¿¿/¿¿¿¿¿) ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿
¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿( ¿¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ )
¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿ Work Experience
¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
View this Job Posting in Arabic (Common mistakes)
Conditions of service:
Contract Type: Limited Duration Contract (LDC- Band E “Step 1”)
Grade and Salary: Band E “S1”, Monthly basic salary JOD1,025.30, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate.
Other benefits include:
• Family allowances (if applicable).
• 30 days of annual leave.
• Compulsory medical insurance.
* Important information
1-This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in
West Bank or Jerusalem, and within commuting distance of the duty station with
authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The
Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of
work permit in West Bank/ Jerusalem, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may
2- Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the
Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity. UNRWA welcomes applications from
qualified candidates with disabilities.
3- A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become
eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post.
4- Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA’s online e-recruitment system
inspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be
completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the
requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if
applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover
letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or
misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a
5- Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you have written in
your Personal History Form are accurate and active. Your status in relation to the vacancy
will be communicated to you via email listed on your Personal History Form, as we will no
longer be using telephone calls.
6-It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide full, accurate and up to date information
in his/her application form. Any missing and/or misleading data may lead to candidate
7- For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA
grade level. To do so applicants should select under “Category” RLG, scroll down to see all
categories, then select their local grade.
Equivalency may apply for this post.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not
considered an acceptable combination
Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic
submissions will not be considered.
The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN
database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst
misconduct processes were pending.
UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past
and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or
who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is
underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations.
The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in
accordance with the Agency regulatory framework.
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states,
regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA
is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the
difficult circumstances in which they live.
For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org/
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.