UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
UNICEF is seeking a Product Manager for Digital Fundraising Platforms to join the Individual Giving Fundraising Team, with Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), that raises money for children from the general public. In this role, the Consultant will be responsible for developing the vision and platform strategies (website/app) to drive online fundraising growth, whilst ensuring a seamless customer/donor experience that enables UNICEF to inspire, convert and retain their supporters. Candidates with an eCommerce and/or Fundraising Product Management background will be particularly suitable for this role.
How can you make a difference?
Scope of Work:
- Review current platform (Drupal) and vendor landscape to determine strategic direction for a digital fundraising platform (s) (CMS, Checkout etc).
- Create vision and strategy to support UNICEF’s digital fundraising ambitions via digital products, merchandise-based subscriptions and technology (website/app) as well as considering current and likely future trends to ensure investments result in healthy ROI’s
- Oversee roadmap and prioritization for digital fundraising platform(s) and integration with related systems including PSP’s, CRM, Paid media APIs, Website automation and new tools and functionality that support growth.
- Analyze sales data and customer data to optimize digital platform products (website/app), UI/UX and offerings.
- Ensure a seamless and error-free customer experience from browsing to checkout.
- Collaborate with marketing, Customer experience, customer lifecycle management, and digital fundraising teams to support development of a valuable, fully personalized donor experience and effective execution of campaigns
- Collaborate with the web development team to oversee the technical delivery, from initial scoping, architecture and feature delivery in Agile sprints.
- Support the QA team to improve process and embrace automation to find & fix bugs during the entire product lifecycle.
- Help the senior leadership define and enforce quality customer experience, digital product and engineering standards.
- Own and foster relationships with technology vendors, internal partners and stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
- Become a strategic partner for local market teams to advise and support their platform strategies both from a business and technical/solution perspective.
Work Assignments Overview, Deliverables, Tentative Timeline
By 30 Nov 2023:
- Onboard and meet internal stakeholders.
- Review current landscape and take in stakeholder input.
- Review current Drupal roadmap.
- As-is Diagram of systems landscape
- Identification of ‘quick wins’
By 31 December 2023:
- Review RFI submissions from 2022 process
- Interview all stakeholders
- Review and refine functional / non-functional requirements
- Written review of overall recommendations based on initial findings. Draft v1 of a Product Strategy which should include impact assessment for integrated systems for review by senior stakeholders as well as an ROI analysis.
- Prioritize Drupal roadmap based on interviews. Provide rationale and associated user stories.
By 31 January 2024:
- Campaign Support for UNICEF marketing initiatives. Liaise with internal marketing teams and key countries using GGP (Drupal based Fundraising Platform), to understand Campaign requirement for following quarter.
- UX review of current platform with strategy and recommendations for tests, including testing framework and initial tests
- Ensure that necessary requirements and strategies are included in yearly plan.
- Create UX Strategy with development and test plan.
By 29 February 2024:
- Action plan for future Fundraising platform
- Drupal Backlog review, adjustments, and re-prioritization. Working with development team.
- Provide finalized strategy on platform direction based on stakeholder input. Along with a plan to meet defined strategy along with budget costs to stakeholders for agreement.
- Prioritized backlog to form product roadmap.
Execution of strategy:
(Plan A) Deliverables based on proceeding with current Drupal platform:
- Liaise and communicate roadmap with relevant markets, End March 24
- Collaborate with technical resources (ICTD) to deliver top 10 prioritized functions, End August 24
- Integration of new payments solution on Virtual Hub, End Sept 24
- Delivery of further 10 prioritised functions for GGP, End Nov 24
(Plan B) Deliverables based on proceeding with newly identified platform:
- Work with ICTD and Procurement, to create RFP and procure new platform, End June 24
- Complete 1st market implementation on new platform, End Sep 24
- Develop roadmap for existing market implementation, End Oct 24
- Delivery of critical functions required for GGP until end of life, End Nov 24
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university degree is required in Business, Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 8 years of product management experience with at least 5 years in ecommerce, technology or digital fundraising, building and/or managing ecommerce and/or fundraising platforms and supporting teams.
- Experience of e-commerce-based subscription models, or regular giving fundraising is an advantage.
- Experience partnering with development teams to ensure that frontend and backend engineers deliver high quality results is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data-driven decisions to prioritize net revenue growth.
- Track record of profitable ecommerce/ fundraising growth from strategic decisions.
- Technically savvy with a good understanding of technical platforms and their respective limitations. Able to spar with technical partners to ensure the best product outcomes and that solutions are not over-engineered.
- Good understanding of global digital payment solutions, and how they can be leveraged in a business and technical sense to optimize donation performance.
- In depth knowledge / experience of e-commerce data analysis / insights techniques, including marketing metrics, attribution modelling, tracking, paid media and retention-based metrics.
- Ability to work with ICTD colleagues at an enterprise level to ensure solutions meet minimum compliance / security standards.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of major web/eCommerce platforms required; Drupal 8/9 experience would be an asset.
- Passion for making a difference in the lives of children.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Please indicate your all-inclusive (lump sum) fees in USD against the deliverables listed above. If there is a need for business travel, the travel costs will be covered by UNICEF separately. The office selects the individual based on best value for money.
Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.