Reporting to: Procurement Specialist
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Main Purpose of the position
The position is responsible for ensuring that procurement of goods, services and works undertaken by ICARDA is conducted professionally, providing quality services to requesters while achieving best value for money. The position must ensure that procurement operations comply with ICARDA procurement strategies, policies, including ethical standards, local laws and donor regulations. Responsibilities related to logistics include import and clearance.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is a treaty-based international non-profit research organization supported by CGIAR.
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water, and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR Research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
All CGIAR Centers are currently engaged into a reform process (“One CGIAR’”) that will help ICARDA and CGIAR achieve better impact through more strategically integrated research, unified governance, an integrated structure and new research modalities across participating Research Centers. This transformation is supported by CGIAR donors who have committed to increased funding as a result of these reforms.
– Support daily procurement and logistical activities in all countries for purchases below 5000 USD including:
– Identify purchasing needs and collect requisitions.
– Prepare and create RFQ and create procurement file – creation of purchase requisitions in the ERP.
– Receive quotations or proposals and draft bid analysis ensuring proper support documentation.
– Maintain procurement records and documentation in the organization repository.
– Support supplier management activities in all countries including:
– Follow up with requisitioners and keep them updated on the statuses of their requisitions.
– Receive, inspect, and distribute merchandise to appropriate requisitioners at Egypt office.
– Track POs unto delivery, acceptance and payment, ensuring that all requirements are met.
– Prepare periodic reports related to purchasing, shipping and receiving within the operation.
– Prepare regular reports on assigned tasks and activities.
– Process GRN when needed.
– Perform any other related activities requested by the Procurement Specialist.
– Relevant Bachelors’ university degree (preferred) OR high school education supplemented by formal training.
– At least 2 years’ experience in a related field.
– Sufficient competency to use software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability to use ERP systems.
– Excellent command of both English and Arabic languages.
– Effective communication and negotiation skills.
This is a nationally recruited position for which ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, five months’ maternity leave, 15 days’ paternity leave.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of 3 years, of which the first year will be a probationary period. Subsequent employment is determined based on the performance, the availability of funds and continued need for the position.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but we apologize in advance as due to the large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.