Female applicants, candidates with disability and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
Reporting directly to the Emergency Officer P3 leading the Emergency Section, the Emergency Officer CST Jr will be responsible for the following:
• Provide analysis and reports to enhance context from an emergency perspective thus reinforcing technical guidance for operational decision making.
• Support sub-offices and partners from various technical/functional areas on effective coordination tools to ensure that emergency preparedness and response is delivered in a coherent, integrated,
and efficient manner.
• Contribute to the provision of emergency response with specific, well-defined aspects of emergency assessment capacities, contingency planning, scenario building and Concept of Operations to ensure adequate operational readiness and, where feasible, a transition plan for more sustainable emergency responses.
• Gather information, prepare documentation, monitor and track emergency activities implementation to contribute to the application of WFP’s emergency guidance and protocols for an effective emergency preparedness and response.
• Participate in the technical design and dissemination of timely situational updates including mapping of data on emergency situations to diverse range of stakeholders to ensure effective decision making.
• Provide support in developing functional trainings and documents of lessons learned to promote good knowledge management practices.
• Promote/Advocate for application of WFP’s emergency guidance and protocols.
• Perform any other tasks, as assigned by direct supervisor and/or management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employmentWFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.