The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic Agronomist to work on socio-economic data generated by the initiative TAFSSA Initiative (Transforming Agri-Food Systems in South Asia). The selected candidate will work with interdisciplinary science teams at CIP’s regional office in New Delhi, India and headquarters in Lima, Peru. This position will be based in Delhi, India and will report to the Regional Research Specialist.
· Work with multiple data sets generated in the states of Odisha and Bihar.
· Generate reports, prepare protocols, and write briefs.
· Develop questionnaires.
· Coordinate and supervise data collection efforts.
· Analyze survey data and prepare draft reports.
· Present initial findings.
· Prepare scientific articles for publication in journals to disseminate project findings.
· Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree in Agronomy or any other Plant Science.
- Quantitative primary data analysis.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Expertise in experimental design related to field agronomy, data collection, analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Experience of coordinating and technical reporting.
- Good record of scientific and technical publications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong understanding of integrating gender and other social equity considerations into project design and delivery.
- Ability to organize work and write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
- Willing to be based in New Delhi and travel whenever required.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and fluent in Hindi.