icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddr,b, as a values-based organization, encourages women and people with disabilities.
The Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information and support to iccdr,b’s divisions, departments, units, offices, donors and the wider stakeholders/community at large through its core values of excellence, integrity and inclusivity
The Manager, Finance will report to the Senior Manager – Budget and Planning and will be responsible for developing and tracking budgets; reviewing petty cash transactions and preparing financial reports to provide effective financial reporting and management support services within the donor and icddr,b guidelines; and organizational values and guidelines. S/he will be involved in –
Provide support to Collaborate with PIs, FPIs and Division Finance Officer to review existing budget codes and prepare new budgets;
Review the financial proposals to adhere to donor agreements, organizational policy, vendor agreements and other legal aspects;
Seek clarifications and escalate issues to the Senior Manager – Budget and Planning in order to support the preparation of budgets which meet icddr,b and other legal guidelines;
Provide periodical budget variance analysis to the Divisional Director/PI, Unit Head and Director, Finance. Budget management in consultation with PI, FPI and Office Manager;
Review project scope and seek opportunities to charge core costs to projects;
Review reports related to Budgetary clearance, Budget code creation, cost allocation, cost adjustment and voucher preparation to check the timely completion of budgetary control activities;
Review salary allocation of National and International staff to different projects; Calculate arrears of National and International employee salary if any and adjust costs accordingly; Escalate issues to PIs and Senior Manager – Budget and Planning in order to conduct budgetary control as per donor agreement and organizational;
Prepare core donor financial report on core expenditure and project expenditure; coordinate with PI’s and Divisional Finance Manager in supporting the report preparation;
Prepare a periodical consolidated report of assigned grants with an analysis of the expenditure and submit it to the Division Head, PI, FPI, and Director, Finance and keep expenditure on track. Prepare monthly reports on outstanding invoices and financial reports;
Disseminate list of outstanding invoices and financial reports to relevant Divisions, Finance Manager and PI and continuously follow up until submission to the donor;
Review necessary documents and ensure required justification as per icddr,b finance policy before giving budgetary clearance;
Review ITD rate periodically and assist to Senior Manager – Budget and Planning for necessary adjustments;
Prepare monthly variance analysis report on core expenditure and report to the Senior Manager – Budget and Planning for submission to the Director, Finance;
- Review and monitor detailed expenditure reports. Report on financial projections and implications for icddr,b finances; Generate MIS report for Management in order to ensure efficient management reporting system;
- Coordinate with the external & internal auditors, grants & compliance unit, and Finance Analyst and provide supporting documents as and when requested for their audit/assurance engagement;
- Provide institutional and donor compliance guidelines to the internal stakeholders i.e. PI, FPI, and Project Coordinator, particularly on HR, Finance, Procurement, Logistics and Audit.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- MBA or Master’s in Finance / Management / Accounting. Preference will be given to the candidates having CA / CMA /ACCA (Full qualified / Part Qualified) with good academic records;
- 5 years of experience in the finance/accounts domain with a reputed organization.
Location: Mohakhali campus, Dhaka.
Contract Type and Duration:
- Fixed Term; duration will be 2 Years with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk.14,59,020/- inclusive of house rent, conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and day-care facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by November 25, 2023.