The Driver will support Mongolia CO operations and provide driver/messenger support to the country office, directly implemented (DIM) projects and other agencies, including Resident Coordinator Office (RCO) of Mongolia on a requested and needed basis.
Mongolia CO has DIM projects that have have activities at sub-national level and would require regular travels to provinces, and regular messenger services in the city, which requires additional driver/messenger in addition to the RR/DRR CO Driver and the regular CO NPSA driver that has the same nature of functions.
2. Scope of Work
- Ensure provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving project vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required, and c) undertaking field trips to approved destinations.
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections;
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of accidents.
- Ensures the vehicle use for approved purposes only;
- Duly logs services provided in order to enable timely and correct cost recovery;
- Provides needed logistical, adminstative and messenger support services to the country office and projects.
3. Institutional Arrangement
The Driver will report to the Fleet Manager of the country office on a day-to-day basis and will be under direct supervision of the Operations Manager.
4. Core Competencies
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- Risk Management -Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks
- Communication – Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Security Incident Management & Monitoring
- Security Policy Awareness & Implementation
- Knowledge of security policy concepts and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Safety Management ( including Air, Road, Fire)
- Knowledge of air, road, and fire safety programmes/systems and ability to assess risks and identify mitigation measures
Min. Education requirements:
- Secondary Education
- Valid Driver’s license B
- Professional driving license will be an asset
Min. years of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as a driver with an organization;
- Working with international organization or government is an asset;
- Safe driving record
Required skills :
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and technical skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Knowledge of protocol and customs issues is an asset;
- Be able to travel to the remote soums /provinces and knowledge of local roads and driving in the field;
- Excellent team working skills, ability, willingness and openness.
- Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Zero tolerance for any harassment, i.e. any offensive behaviour, words and actions, including sexual and psychological harassment, bullying, etc.
Required Language(s): Basic understanding of English and fluency in Mongolian.