Position Title: Senior: Senior Proposal Manager (PM), Global, New Business Development
Location: Remote, within the United States
Department: New Business Services Unit (NBSU)
Position Purpose: The Senior Proposal Manager (SPM) position is a highly visible core member of the NBSU team, leveraging their business development expertise as capture and proposal manager on new business opportunities across Winrock’s international portfolio. The position will report to the Senior Director of the NBSU and will collaborate with staff across projects, programs, and operational teams.
Position Overview: The SPM role will support the strategic pursuit of donor-funded new business opportunities, fulfilling key functions in the end-to-end new business life cycle, with a primary focus on capture and proposal management of competitive, solicitation-based opportunities, across Winrock’s international sectors. Leveraging their background in capture and proposal management, this position will directly fulfill this function on opportunities of diverse scale and complexity and for a range of donors, managing proposal teams and bid-specific processes for proposal planning, design, development, and quality control. The responsibilities of this role are subject to modifications as required by the needs of the organization.
- Perform capture/proposal manager role for opportunities of high priority, scale, and/or complexity, with responsibility for compliance, completeness, and consistency of proposal content (est. LOE 90%)
- Ensure full coverage and execution of proposal team assignments, confirming all parties understand the responsibilities and expectations associated with their proposal team role.
- Participate in capture planning and outreach.
- Contribute to strategic/competitive analyses and facilitation of program design and strategy activities.
- Establish teaming arrangements with potential prime and sub-recipient partners.
- Develop proposal management plan, as well as ensuring creation of compliant guidance documents, outlines, and templates.
- Manage proposal process and timeline, ensuring scheduling of and adherence to milestone deadlines and following up on all assignments to ensure timely progress.
- Manage proposal team communications and facilitate discussions, decision making, and feedback mechanisms, ensuring that outcomes are documented and appropriately shared.
- Prepare and submit donor communications related to the opportunity.
- Conduct appropriate due diligence (e.g., Lexis/Nexis check) for proposed partners and conditional new hires.
- Facilitate communication with partners as needed to ensure timely guidance and opportunities for engagement are provided and inputs are received as needed (may do this in coordination with a partner liaison).
- Support proposal recruiter and hiring manager(s) with key personnel recruitment activities and presentation of staffing content in the proposal.
- Ensure information sharing on emerging issues with relevant program, operational, financial, and human resources staff, as needed.
- Conduct quality control of all proposal components at appropriate milestones, focusing on consistency, persuasiveness, and compliance to the donor requirements.
- Schedule and facilitate reviews/approvals in line with Winrock policies and practices.
- Oversee editing, production, and submission activities, ensuring completeness and compliance checks for all final proposal content.
- Coordinate post-submission activities.
- Ensure Winrock’s quality controls are employed throughout the process.
- Maintain knowledge management platforms for the bid, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of content uploads and updates.
- Provide ad hoc business development support to proposal teams, as needed (est. LOE 5%)
- Prepare (create, edit, and/or format) specific proposal content (e.g., PPRs, staffing matrices, key personnel candidate documentation).
- Participate in quality assurance milestones.
- Lead proposal production and submission.
- Contribute to donor, partner, and opportunity identification and analysis.
- Cultivate relationships with priority partner organizations.
- Contribute to NBSU activities and related efforts, as required. (est. LOE 5%)
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, required.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in international and/or domestic development in the non-profit sector is required, including 2 years of experience fulfilling capture/proposal manager role for USAID or other federal donors.
Computer/Technical Skills: Proficient with MS Office.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong group facilitation skills a must.
Language: English required: English speaking and written communication is required.
Required Travel: Minimal travel anticipated, based on capture and proposal management requirements
- Proven track record of success in competitive business development in Winrock’s sectors
- Experience with, but not limited to, business development for USAID and other federal donors
- Understanding of end-to-end business development processes in line with industry standards
- Strong attention to detail and compliance requirements
- Proactive, inclusive, and collaborative interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to achieve results through both independent effort and as a team member/leader
- Ability to effectively prioritize time-bound demands and manage a robust workload
- Ability to efficiently facilitate strategic decision-making
Physical Demands: Typical office environment with continual sitting or standing required
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization