Operations Managers / Area Managers
Pays : France
Ville : In one of our 60 countries
Date de prise du poste : 06/11/2023
Durée de la mission : depends on the mission
Date de clôture des candidatures : 30/11/2023
Référence de l’annonce : -MTH-11-23-8199
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
This is a call for applicants interested into joining our pool of Operations and/or Area Managers in one of our 60 countries programmes around the world. Depending on the set up of the mission:
– the Operations Manager is located in capital city,
– the Area Manager is located on a base, in the field.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Depending on the organization, reporting to the Regional / Country Director or the Country manager, as Operations manager you contribute in the area where you are based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. You ensure optimal quality and the impact of the projects implemented in your area by means of a delegation system with appropriate oversight mechanisms. With all the other HI managers, you share responsibility for the sound management and effective functioning of the global organisation through paradigm changes.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Management: You manage a team of project managers in your country.
• Strategy and steering:
You contribute to the development of the programme operational strategy, and to its implementation and annual monitoring;
You implement the project part of the Programme’s Operational Strategy
You contribute to organisational transformation, particularly through changes to managerial practices, continuous improvement, and contribute to the improvement of working processes.
• Standards and expertise:
you ensure deployment and compliance with HI global frameworks, institutional policies and standards.
• Operational implementation:
You ensure the sound management and monitoring of projects under your responsibility;
Keeping both potential opportunities and risks in mind, you contribute to the monitoring and analysis done by the line manager and propose mitigation measures where relevant.
You develop HI’s external influence (forums, operational and strategic alliances, etc) and the external representation of the organisation (events, media) in your area of responsibility.
You coordinate the teams in your area.
You support the Director/Country Manager in monitoring security in their area and ensure adequate resources according to the context.
• Emergency Preparedness and Response
PROFIL ATTENDU :
• You hold a Master or equivalent degree in international relations, political sciences, and communication, management, or development studies.
• You have minimum 5 years of relevant experience in senior management positions in international NGOs and preferably a previous experience as general management position.
• You have a solid experience in security management.
• You have professional command of English and French – Spanish is an asset.
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
Espagnol : Bon
Arabe : Bon
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2870 € gross/month upon experience
• The perdiem and the hardship allowances will depend on the country of the mission.
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
• R&R: according to the level of the mission + possible transport/package support.
• Depending on the security level of the mission the position can be open to couple or family (as from 12 months of mission) with associated package.
If you are resident in the country, we will offer a local package.