Action Against Hunger leads the global movement to end hunger. We innovate solutions, advocate for change, and reach 24 million people every year with proven hunger prevention and treatment programs. As a nonprofit that works across 50 countries, our 8,300 dedicated staff members partner with communities to address the root causes of hunger, including climate change, conflict, inequity, and emergencies. We strive to create a world free from hunger, for everyone, for good.
Action Against Hunger USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network. As an independent NGO, Action Against Hunger USA currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia and Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $100 million in programs, and approximately 1,800 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of position
The HR/Admin Officer is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and as well as supporting the administration functions at base level.
- Secures collaboration amongst staff and management on Base level HR policy, practices, approaches and projects.
- Support the staff on the understanding and compliance of HR policies.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives at the base level.
Essential job roles:
Maintain updated HR files
- Creating HR files for all new employees;
- Ensuring staffs provide all relevant documentation and sign all required HR policies
- Keep the employees files up-to-date
- Archive HR files when necessary
- Ensure up-to- date payroll files
Participate in the HR Administration
- Managing the staff data base and ensuring its accuracy
- Leave management for the base
- Preparing ACF identity cards for new employees at the base
- Monthly reporting for the base
Participate in the HR projects and in the management of HR issues
- Following up with supervisors on pending appraisals for the basis.
- Collecting and compiling and keeping an up-to-date record of all the completed appraisals.
- Participating in the management of HR project Data analysis.
Participate in the Base Recruitment
- Collecting Recruitment Request Forms and advertising these through Relief web
- Participating in HR interviews for lower-level positions at the base
- Conducting reference checks for selected candidates
- Managing the HR induction program for new employees at the base
General Administrative Support
- Updating the Centreâ€™s contact list i.e. telephone, email addresses and skype.
- Maintain office running supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Coordinate with the Logistics officer on all ground transport for staff.
- Manage administrative matters for transit staff such as visas, vaccinations etc.
- Support in Flight booking of the staff when needed
- Supervise Office and Expats Guest House cook and cleaners.
- Perform related duties as assigned by your line manager
-Day to day supervision of the cook and cleaner
-Conduct their performance appraisals and setting of objectives
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in business administration, HR, Economics or related. or diploma with relevant professional experience.
- At least five (4) yearsâ€™ experience in a similar role.
- International NGO experience is an added advantage.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent people management, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an individual capacity and as part of a team and an ability to multi-task;
- Confidentiality, accountability, integrity and ability to handle sensitive situations;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English;
- Proven competency in the use computer applications;
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing date: 20-November, 2023