Duty Station : Yangon Head Office, Myanmar (Yangon, with frequent travel to Area Offices and Bases
Reports to : Head Of Programme
Direct Reports : No Direct Report but supervises the Partnerships Specialist
Overall purpose of the role:
DRC Myanmar is looking for an experienced Partnerships Coordinator who will act as the focal point for supporting the development of new partner relationships, programs, and capacity development in Myanmar, and providing technical expertise around partnership management to other DRC staff. They will be the focal point within the Partnerships Department including managing sub-awards and continuing to support DRC’s strategic intent towards localization and partnership-led programming.
They will take the lead on mapping potential entry points for engagement with Civil Society and local organizations in new geographic or program areas, prioritizing areas where there’s an increase in conflict-related displacement. They will have a leading role in mapping CSOs, potential areas of complementarity between CSOs and DRC, ensuring regular liaison with different stakeholders and establishing points of contacts with new CSOs partners or CSOs interlocutors who can potentially play a role in facilitating engagement between DRC and local organisations. They will also support on working with partners to develop strategic partnerships, and design response activities, where needed.
The Partnerships Coordinator will also support the capacity development portfolio for DRC partners, assist in the provision of guidance, training and capacity development activities to DRC partners and DRC partnerships focal points. The Partnerships Coordinator will lead the design, implementation and monitoring of capacity development activities and plans.
The Partnerships Coordinator will act as focal point with DRC area offices, DRC support departments and partners and will ensure high quality partner capacity development assessment, design, implementation and monitoring.
The Partnerships Coordinator will be based in Yangon country office with 60% travel to other DRC offices.
Geographic scope: Area (Myanmar)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Coordinate partners’ organizational and technical needs assessments and capacity development plans, and act as focal point to coordinate with DRC Departments for the provision of technical assistance to partners and their staff.
- Work with partners on turning identified capacity development needs into plans and tangible outcomes.
- Undertake internal in-house capacity assessment to capture areas of development for DRC staff around partnership engagement, to ensure DRC can support partners in a meaningful manner.
- Coordinate internal and external initiatives for partners’ capacity developments including training, secondment, coaching, shadowing etc.
- Oversee the implementation and follow-up on Capacity development Plans agreed with Partners and identify further mutual learning opportunities.
- Develop, in consultation with DRC staff and partners, capacity development guidance, SOPs and tools.
- Draft reports on DRC and partners’ internal and external partnerships capacity development activities.
- Monitor and oversee internal and external training and capacity development activities and ensure relevant databases/tracking tools are up to date.
- Identify internal and external opportunities for mutual training activities for partners and support in overseeing the quality of the training delivered.
- Work closely with Partnerships team and DRC area-based partnerships focal points to ensure the systemization of best practices and lessons learnt across DRC teams and partners in different geographical locations.
Systems, Processes and Tools: Development, Strengthening and Management
- Work closely with other partnerships, grants and finance staff on systems, processes and tools related to partnerships, including partners vetting, contracting and capacity development to ensure the work is aligned with DRC guidance and SOPs.
- Engage regularly with DRC headquarters Civil Society Engagement Unit to ensure DRC Myanmar tools and processes are in line with DRC requirements and are adhering to global best practice.
Strategic engagement with CSOs in new geographic or program areas
- Support the development of well-informed context analysis for working with CSOs / CBOs to identify possible entry points in new geographic or program areas.
- Lead on partners mapping in new geographic and program areas and ensure that there is an updated mapping list and pre-vetted partners lists on the area level. Mapping will focus on geographic, demographic and thematic areas of intervention and potential areas of complementarity and opportunities for meaningful engagement.
- Act as focal point to liaise with different actors and stakeholders in new geographic or program areas to identify collaboration and networking opportunities and develop working strategies.
Program Design and Implementation
- Lead the implementation of the multi-year DANIDA Civil Society Engagement project, including working with relevant partners on budget and program development, doing reporting etc.
- Support programs team on needs analysis, including engaging in KIIs and other engagement with local partners.
- Work with local partners in developing activities and budgets – and work with grants to finalize concept notes.
- Liaise with MEAL team and local partners on monitoring strategies for partners.
External Coordination and Representation:
- In consultation with programs team, potential CSOs partners and various stakeholders, build and share evidence and learning on topics relevant to strengthening engagement with civil society.
- Support learning and reflection on CSO collaboration and networking opportunities and challenges.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings and working groups, as required under the partnerships’ portfolio.
- Work closely with other DRC sectors to ensure close collaboration, proper consultation and feedback collection on the work under partnerships’ portfolio.
- Proactively represent DRC and participate in regular program meetings and in Civil Society coordination platforms and provide updates as appropriate.
- Support and supervision of one Partnership Specialist in the country office, including sub-grant management, capacity support, and partnership strategy.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 3 years of experience with humanitarian organisations;
- At least 3 years of experience in working with civil society organizations and community-based organizations.
- Relevant previous experience in capacity development, including designing capacity development plans.
- Experience in conducting consultation processes with civil society and national NGOs.
- Solid experience in participatory approaches and facilitation skills,
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills in English and Myanmar languages.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget development and management.
- Professional fluency in English and Myanmar. A good understanding of any of the local languages will be considered an asset.
Education/qualifications: (includes certificates, licenses etc.)
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract: DRC will offer the successful applicant a DRC’s Regular contract included 3-month probation with the possibility of extension. This position opens for National. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment. The position is placed in Employment Band G-non management. This position is open for Myanmar National only.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
Application and CV
Interest? Click to apply position. Please send your application, in English, no later than 23rd November 2023.
CV only applications will not be considered. We only accept applications sent online.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and shortlisted candidates may be contacted for interview/an offer made before the advertised closing date)