|Human Resources & Org. Development
|Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Staff Council is EBRD’s internal body for employees’ representation. The aim of Staff Council is to ensure staff welfare is protected and best practice in terms of employment and procedures are employed by the EBRD. The Intern, Staff Council will ensure on-going integrity and accuracy of Staff Council internal data analyses and presentations to Management and Board, will enhance Staff Council internal and external communication profile, will draft Position Papers and other documentation and correspondence.
The Intern, Staff Council carries out these tasks under the supervision of the Coordinator for Staff Council and the Chair of Staff Council whom they will report to.
This is a 6 months paid internship at EBRD Staff Council starting March 2024.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Data analysis and market benchmarking
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis of Human Resources data;
- Conduct periodic and ad hoc reporting and data analysis;
- Conduct original research that can inform the Staff Council members on relevant external developments and socio-political and economic trends, using relevant business and academic publications and social media.
- Prepare presentation materials for Staff Council use.
- Attend regular Staff Council meetings.
- Communications and database handling
- Assist the Coordinator, Staff Council with drafting emails to management / staff and collate comments
- Assist SC in drafting briefing notes, newsletters and position papers
- Under the guidance of SC Coordinator, make updates of Staff Council intranet site
- Assist SC Coordinator in Knowledge Management activities
- Position papers drafting
- Undertake assigned tasks issued by Staff Council through the Chair of Staff Council and SC Coordinator relating to the drafting of Position Papers for management and the Board.
- Review legal documents and understand implications for staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree, from a leading university, preferably in social sciences
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and desirable to have same one of the official languages of the Bank. A working knowledge of a second language from an EBRD country of operation considered an advantage
- Strong Quantitative/ numerical skills
- Ability to absorb and consolidate of large amount of info into a concise document
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel). Basic HTML skills desirable.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member but also independently and to deadlines and under time pressure; a people’s person with good networking skills
- A strong interest in the Bank’s countries of operation and relevant Staff matters
- Motivation, attention to detail, common sense, time management skills, ability to work both individually and as part of a team
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.