Cacao of Excellence, led by the CGIAR’s Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), is a neutral global platform that brings together the public and private sector to discover, promote, and reward cacao producers of excellence from all origins, focusing on superior cacao quality and flavour diversity. Since 2009, the platform has held the prestigious global Cacao of Excellence Awards, celebrating, and rewarding the work of cacao producers and showcasing the diversity of exceptional flavours worldwide. By leading cacao research, discovering exceptional producers and training the next generation of value chain actors, Cacao of Excellence’s is supporting the expansion of superior quality cacao, ensuring more producers thrive as empowered entrepreneurs.
The CGIAR Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis. The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
Based in the European Union, and under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager of the Cacao of Excellence Programme, the Intern will support the Cacao of Excellence Programme in its communications and partnerships activities.
- Assist with copy-editing and copywriting of the Cacao of Excellence website.
- Assist with developing novel and creative concepts for the Cacao of Excellence website architecture.
- Assist with the review and organization of email subscribers, photographs, and videos.
- Assist with the research, review, and development of new online content in the form of web stories, Opinion Editorials, and content for infographics.
- Support research and analysis on public and private partners, and donors’ value chain development policies, practices, and budget allocations.
- Provide support in the organization of events and promotion of cacao producers.
- Assist in the development of novel social media campaigns in support of major Cacao of Excellence projects and events.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ongoing or recently completed studies in communications, marketing and/or international/agricultural development/social sciences.
- Native or fluent oral and written communication skills in English and written proficiency in Spanish and/or French.
- Interest in researching and writing on development and socio-economic issues.
- Studies and previous work experience/internships in development or communications-related fields are desirable for this internship.
- Energetic self-starter with multi-tasking abilities and discipline with deadlines.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- An innovative mindset and a constructive, collaborative attitude.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite packages.
Terms of employment
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a university or graduate school and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies, or alternatively, have completed their university studies within the past six months. The internship shall be remote, on a full-time basis for 6 months. The monthly stipend will be established in accordance with the local standards and regulations. The contract will be for an initial period of 6 months, renewable up on performance and availability of funds.
Please note that eligible applicants must have the legal status to live and work in the Europe Region. Citizens of European countries and citizens of non-European countries are individually responsible for compliance with requirements and formalities established by the national immigration law of the country where they stay and carry out their working activity.
Please apply online through the website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers
) no later than 28 November 2023
, attaching a curriculum vitae, motivation letter, both in English
, and contact information (e.g. names, email address) of at least three references
. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 28 November 2023
We invite you to learn more about us at:
Please visit our careers page at: