FAO Armenia is responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of the country programme utilizing technical support expertise from the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia and Headquarter units. FAO) is assisting the Ministry of Economy in providing resources to oversee the implementation of the National Pathway Goals for sustainable food systems in Armenia.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Armenia the national monitoring Specialist report to both the Deputy Minister of Economy and FAO Armenia in close collaboration with the UN Food Systems Hub and other counterparts the National Monitoring Specialist will specifically implement below tasks.
The Monitoring Specialist supports FAO Armenia Representation in developing monitoring and evaluation framework to track the progress of initiatives outlined in the National Pathway of Armenia.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Monitoring and Evaluation: assist in developing monitoring and evaluation framework to track the progress of initiatives outlined in the National Pathway.
• Data Collection: Collect, analyze, and report on relevant data to measure the success of each objective from the National Pathway. This includes assessing changes in agricultural productivity, credit market development, land utilization.
• Reporting: Produce comprehensive progress reports, highlighting successes, challenges, and areas requiring adjustments.
• Capacity Building: Assist in building monitoring and evaluation capacities.
The Monitoring Specialist will be expected to provide the following deliverables in alignment with the National Pathway:
• A well-defined monitoring and evaluation framework,
• Regular progress reports and data-driven insights specific to the National Pathway objectives,
• Recommendations for adjustments and improvements to meet National Pathway goals as needed.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University Degree preferably in Statistics, Management, Administration, Economics or related fields;
• At least 5 years of experience in working with agribusinesses and agriculture;
• Working knowledge (level C) of Armenian and English languages is required;
• National of Armenia or a legal resident in the country with a valid work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in project formulation, implementation in agriculture, agribusiness and food systems;
• Work experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects including data collection;
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Good knowledge of public policy processes is an asset.