IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC is looking for highly motivated Operations Analysts to be based in Rabat to work on several activities including support to the Country Management Unit in developing strategic analysis and proposals, aggregation of sub-regional briefs and data as well as overall support to the requirements of the Country Managers/Officers to ensure that IFC fulfills its mandate. The candidates must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative to cover a range of tasks, able to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial team/environment and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Support Country Managers/Officers in the development of a comprehensive IFC strategy for Morocco and other Maghreb countries as requested
• Support the development of documents reflecting IFC’s activity in Morocco and the region
• Contribute to and share knowledge on major new corporate initiatives relevant for the region and support the organization of flagship events as required
• Provide analysis and research support across country, sectors, regions, and clients
• Conduct industry and market research and prepare communication materials as necessary
• Prepare briefings / presentation material for conferences, forums, and other avenues of presenting IFC and engaging in thought leadership
• Support Country Managers/Officers in management of operational matters
• Prepare documentations and other material for IFC’s needs
• Support Country Managers/Officers in the analysis of business performance and monitor/update the pipeline of current and upcoming projects and update to management as needed
• Support department wide initiatives to improve systems and project delivery
• Master’s degree in business, finance, or economics with at least 2 years of relevant experience. MSc in relevant subject or MBA is a plus
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work
• Demonstrate active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others to identify client and stakeholder needs
• Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with others
• Write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner
• Distill and summarize large amounts of information from various sources to prepare business documents and presentations
• Utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data
• Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute tasks timely and effectively
• Organizational and communications skills
• Advanced user level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word is a must
• Strong command over English (written and verbal) is a must. Proficiency in French is a plus
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.