IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Vice Presidency for Corporate Support (COSVP) integrates Budget and Business Administration, Strategy, HR, Communication, and Information & Technology functions under one umbrella to enable the execution of IFC’s management and operational needs in the best way. As part of the VPU, the Strategic Initiatives, Analytics & Knowledge Management (CSI) department exists to (1) drive innovation and continuous improvement within Corporate Support VPU and (2) together with all other functions within our VPU and in partnership with other relevant units across IFC, support the Management Team and the rest of our senior leadership in designing and implementing the institutional change needed to achieve IFC’s strategic objectives and growth ambitions.
The Analytics & Reporting (CSIAR) unit serves as a center of excellence (CoE) for standardizing, streamlining, and automating BI/reporting and analytics for internal clients and the Board. In this capacity, the CSIAR unit partners very closely with individual business departments and teams for subject matter expertise and domain knowledge. It is additionally tasked with working hand in hand with IFC’s Information Technology (CIT) department on technology, tools, and data platforms to adopt advanced and transformational analytics, including predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Further, the unit is establishing a Data Enablement & Governance function for IFC, and is seeking a qualified candidate to support the program. In the desired future state, IFC’s Data Enablement & Governance function, in partnership with Business Risk and Compliance and Information Technology, will enable the corporation to become increasingly data driven. The initial areas of prioritization include: standing up and supporting data governing bodies, defining roles & responsibilities for data sponsors & stewards, supporting data access and literacy initiatives, supporting metadata and data catalog initiatives.
Duties and Accountabilities:
In the frame of the Corporate Data Governance Strategy to ensure transparent, consistent, compliant, and accessible information, the successful candidate will contribute to establishment of the data governance office, business process/data analysis, access rules, data cataloguing, and support activities for data management and IT applications. S/he will engage in data improvement projects and contribute to the development of the foundations to ensure that data is well governed and managed with adequate technical support to serve operational needs.
The candidate will work in close collaboration with the Data Enablement & Governance business lead, Business Risk & Compliance, Information Technology, subject matter experts, and the Corporate Analytics & Reporting team. S/he is expected also perform independent work.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the implementation of the corporate-wide data governance strategy and relevant action plans, standards, processes, and solutions.
• Support ongoing data governance initiatives, including data quality assessments, data profiling, and data issue resolution.
• Support business lead in documenting business processes, data assets, report catalog, data lineage, and data flow diagrams to facilitate data discovery and accessibility. Collaborate with business owners and data stewards to ensure data catalog and report catalog accuracy and relevance.
• Collaborate with data stewards and other stakeholders to identify and address data challenges.
• Execute typical tasks and activities analyzing business requirements to implement data governance and data management.
• Support business lead in assessments of data impacts related to changes, ensuring that related data-centric deliverables are reflected in business cases and risks are properly mitigated.
• Support business lead in defining business criticality of data assets and its appropriate capture and usage.
• Support metadata repositories management and ensure accuracy and completeness of metadata. Collaborate with stakeholders to gather metadata requirements and ensure alignment with organizational standards.
• Assist in defining and implementing data access rules and permissions based on organizational policies and data governance frameworks. Support the enforcement of data access rules and permissions through regular audits and monitoring.
• Provide secretariat support to IFC’s data governing bodies including drafting committee materials, taking meeting minutes and drafting action plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or a related field.
• At least 2 years’ professional experience covering data analysis/ management/ documentation.
• Familiarity with the data governance terminology, relevant concepts, principles, and best practices.
• Experience in data governance/management field and be familiar with data, analytics & reporting processes.
• Knowledge of metadata management, data cataloging, and data access control mechanisms.
• Preferred experience in business process modeling processes and tools (e.g., iGrafx).
• Preferred experience with Microsoft’s Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate) as well as Microsoft Fabric.
• Preferred experience in data and report catalog tools such as Collibra, Microsoft Fabric Purview.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated experience producing and maintaining schedules and communications.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, internationally diverse work environment; strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.