Job Opening ID: 221940
Job Network : Information et gestion des conférences
Job Family : Information
Category and Level : General Service and Related Categories, G-5
Duty Station : KINSHASA
Department/Office : United Nations Organisation Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Date Posted : Nov 20, 2023
Deadline : Nov 26, 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting
These positions are located in Kinshasa within the Strategic Communication and Public Information Division (SCPID)/Radio Okapi. The incumbents report to the Chief of Radio Okapi and under overall supervision of the Director of Strategic Communication and Public Information Division.
Within delegated authority and depending on location, the Public Information Assistants may be responsible for the following duties:
– Collection and treatment of information in line with editorial guidelines of the radio management;
– Good knowledge of radio and multimedia production techniques and skills in radio and multimedia production
– Present news and programmes as instructed by editorial guidelines and by radio management
– Translation of news and features, and presentation of news in national languages;
– Participation and contribution during editorial meetings to determine the angles of news stories and its treatment;
– Participation in editorial meetings to debrief and quality control of productions, and improve or change the productions in line with editorial guidelines;
– Produce and deliver timely quality news and feature stories broadcast and adapt radio production into multimedia versions to be uploaded into Okapi.net website;
– Upload articles to Okapi.net, including processing photos to illustrate articles.
– Manage and develop relations with sources at all levels: political, military, and religious authorities, civil society, United Nations agents, among others;
– Maintain an address book with contacts and ensure to archive and share contacts and information.
– When not on assignment, producer should be in the newsroom on working days; be available to work on shifts and be flexible with work schedules.
– Be available and ready to travel to sectors.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to 3 for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
Job – Specific Qualification
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in journalism, communications, broadcasting, public information or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to 3 for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For these positions, fluency in oral and written French is required; fluency in at least one national language is an asset; Knowledge of English is an additional advantage.