Job Opening ID: 221650
Job Network : Management and Administration
Job Family : Gestion financière
Category and Level : Catégorie des services généraux et catégories apparentées, G-4
Duty Station : GENEVA
Department/Office : United Nations Office at Geneva
Date Posted : Nov 20, 2023
Deadline : Nov 29, 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located within the Financial Resources Management Service (FRMS), Division of Administration, United Nations Office at Geneva. The work is part of a dedicated team to provide payments and treasury services. The incumbent will report to the Back Office Manager.
Under the supervision of the Back Office Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
– Maintains and enters banking information by receiving and verifying banking information submitted for clients of various categories into SAP;
– Communicates irregularities and/or inconsistencies to supervisor helping to inform clients on initiated payments for amendment or cancellation;
– Processes United Nations Staff Medical Insurance (UNSMIS) payments;
– Creates EFTs to upload in bank payments tools: Office Wings, JPM Access;
– Inputs corrected data in SAP to update banking information records;
– Assists to liaise with banks on transactions (outgoing and incoming funds for unable to apply, non-receipt of funds, recall of funds);
– Organizes and maintains adequate filing for the released payments, banking information by categories of clients and carries out archiving procedures of electronic records;
– Helps supervisor in the testing of enhancements related to treasury applications.
Professionalism: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the United Nations or similar organization environment. Ability to maintain accurate records, review and interpret a wide variety of data. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
At least three (3) years of experience in financial, accounting, human resources, treasury or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to 1 for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
Two (2) years of relevant experience within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
Experience in treasury back office, handling banking information master data, is desirable.
Experience in handling human resources master data is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English or French is required. Knowledge of the other is desirable.