IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC Ulaanbaatar office is seeking to recruit a Program Assistant (PA)/Team Assistant (TA) to assist in the country activities of the IFC. PA/TA carries out a full range of office support work, including supporting processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks. PA/TA coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. PA/TA may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit’s administrative functions. The position will report to Resident Representative who will provide supervision and provide guidance.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Providing full logistical and secretarial support to business related activities, including: (i) accepting calls and greeting incoming visitors, (ii) arranging travel schedule; (iii) organizing meetings/events/workshops, (iv) supporting office-wide activities and senior management visits; (v) coordinating schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders, (vi) maintaining up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic), (vii) translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and Mongolian; and (viii) assisting in preparation of various presentation materials in power point, process vendor payments and travel related approvals and payments for short-term consultants and contractors.
• Providing primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, database management, editorial assistance, procurement, etc.
• Assisting Resident Representative, regional managers/transaction Leaders in managing stakeholder relationships, which includes both internal and external IFC clients,
• Identifying and resolving diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining an appropriate application.
• Understanding of IFC guidelines and procedures for project cycles; serving as information resource on status of projects. Ensuring effective filing of a variety of documents and correspondence, including primary project information, appropriate clearances, uploading and downloading documents in Idesk/ASOP etc.
• Serving as an information resource on status of project/products (e.g. procurement, contract management, portfolio monitoring & reporting) and drafting a variety of correspondence.
• Undertaking ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases. Retrieving, maintaining and presenting data.
• Attending meetings and participating in field work and other program activities as may be required by the Manager/Transaction Leaders.
• Suggesting ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
• Attending meetings, drafting minutes and ensuring timely clearance and distribution.
• Working closely with other ACS staff in the office and providing back-up support to other program assistants.
• Mentoring less experienced supporting staff, proactively sharing knowledge and information, promoting cooperation within ACS community and suggesting ways of enhancing efficiency
• Bachelor degree with at least 2 years of relevant experiences, with solid knowledge of IFC / WBG operational procedures (preferred) or demonstrated strong capability to understand and implement corporate policies and Procedures.
• Excellent written communication skills, ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials independently;
• Experienced working within tight deadlines and under pressure; flexibility to work overtime during peak periods on a short notice.
• Demonstrated capacity to multitask and prioritize workload, work with minimal supervision with initiative and resourcefulness. Ability to follow through team’s priorities and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
• Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to demonstrate good judgment, tact and high level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and sound judgment to effectively deal with staff at all levels.
• Full proficiency in English and Mongolian, both written and spoken;
• Proficiency and prior experience in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.