Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 800 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for Supply Chain Officer for its activities in Sumy.
This position will report to the Supply Chain Team Leader.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the management Supply Chain Team Leader, the Supply Chain Officer is responsible for procurement of goods and services as per the assigned tasks, logistics functions at Sumy Base level (storage, warehousing, transportation, etc.), representation of DRC in the government bodies, and general logistics support to the program.
- Main responsibilities:
- Following humanitarian principles, donors’ and DRC regulations, and legislation for the benefit of beneficiaries
- Optimization of all logistics operations to increase cost-effectiveness, including setting up longer-term supply contracts
- Coordination of program staff to ensure Supply Chain involvement in the whole program cycle
- Representation of DRC for other organizations and bodies
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and capacity building of the Supply Chain team
- Perform procurement processes according to the distributed Purchase Requisitions or actual needs
- Keep the trackers and records accurate and timely (not later than five business days) updated
- Ensure that procurement documents were duly composed, signed, scanned, and uploaded to the cloud storage; hard copies were archived
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Ensure that all payments due are made in time
- Run operations with Dynamics ERP system
Fixed asset management:
- Receive assets from the suppliers, check them, loan to employees, arrange storage and proper scrapping
- Maintain Fixed asset list and all fixed asset records in Dynamics duly updated at all times
- Minimum once per half a year, run a physical check of assets
- Ensure that all assets are properly tagged
- Arrange warehousing support of the projects according to DRC regulations
- Participate in fleet support of the projects and DRC operation
- Participate in hiring drivers and renting vehicles
- Checking vehicle log sheets and monthly reports
- Preparation of reports and document sets for audits
- Development of manuals for program staff on certain supply chain processes
- Capacity building of partner organizations and supervision of their supply chain activities
- Cooperation and coordination with the finance unit
Required experience and competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency preferred
- Fluency in Ukrainian language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Relevant university degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification
Contract length: 3-month probation period with possible extension
Designation of Duty Station: Sumy
Start date: As soon as possible.
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens or those with the existing right to work in Ukraine. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31.12.2023.