Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 800 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for the Supply Chain Team Leader for its activities in Sumy.
This position will report to the Base Manger.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the management of Sumy DRC Office Base Manager, the Supply Chain Team Leader is responsible for supervision of members in team, delivering technical support and guidance to team, responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to the programme.
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area
- Asses the daily quality
- Provide technical support and inputs
Support and administration:
- Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
- Develop and maintain relevant data base.
- Maintaining the assets list.
- Weekly and monthly status reports
- Warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
- Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the logistics team
- Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
- Procurement of all goods and services
- Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries
- Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
- Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC’s interests are protected
- Vehicle fleet management
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
- Fixed asset management
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Ensure proper operation of DRC Dynamics ERP supply chain system by staff under supervision
- Apply report and data analytics to improve supply chain operation in area of concern
Required experience and competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing supply chain in an ERP system
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian language.
- Intermediate or Advanced English (speaking/reading/writing).
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Master’s degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent
Contract length: 3-month probation period with possible extension
Designation of Duty Station: Sumy
Start date: As soon as possible.
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens or those with the existing right to work in Ukraine. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31.12.2023.