Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)
A (least hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
December 5, 2023
Terms of Reference
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) unit in MENA is primarily focused on raising funds and awareness from the private sector across the MENA region. This is done both online and offline and with a wide range of partners to include high net worth individuals, corporations and foundations. Based in the UAE the PSP unit focuses on advocating for refugees and other people of concern using multiple channels of engagement, such as digital and direct relationship management.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player, with a strong interest in CSR, NGOs and refugee issues, to complete a three-month internship within UNHCR’s PSP unit as part of the campaign and advocacy team.
The PSP unit works to raise the profile of UNHCR among the private sector, enhance the image of UNHCR internally and works across UNHCR divisions, sections and the field to promote an integrated approach and to inspire engagement with the public (individuals, corporations and foundations).
You will work closely with the campaigns team and other members of the private sector partnerships section. Liaising with UNHCR’s wider networks you will support the development of UNHCR’s brand image, campaign communications public engagement strategies, community management, PR and digital outreach and will play your part in achieving UNHCR’s strategic ambitions; contributing to the protection of people forced to flee.
Duties and responsibilities
• Screening & due diligence of partners and digital content creators
• Organizing, archiving, and systemizing the existing information of the pool of UNHCR supporters and influencers
• Drafting presentations, proposals, decks and toolkits for social media influencers for related to UNHCR campaigns
• Drafting social media captions and messaging for influencers
• Research on new and niche media outreach
• Drafting and reviewing communications material such as PR, talking points, social media content, campaign collateral
• Support in the procurement of services for creative campaigns, media buying, media training…Etc.
• Other tasks as required.
Minimum qualifications and professional experience required
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is imperative.
• An undergraduate or postgraduate degree from a credited university; in the fields of mass communications, journalism, PR, marketing, or humanities
• Strong understanding of the media landscape in the region
• Strong passion for refugee affairs, and for UNHCR’s work.
• Awareness of humanitarian affairs, and excellent writing and editing skills.
• Attention to detail and a results-oriented team player.
• Have excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
• Be a recent graduate (graduated within 2 years from the time of application) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO;
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
• Not have immediate relatives (father, mother, brother, or sister) working for UNHCR as a staff member on any contract type or as an affiliate at the time of application.
The internship is for Three months (with a possible extension for 3 months). It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8:00am – 4:30pm (with 30 mins lunch break) Monday to Thursday & 8:00 am to 12:00 pm (no lunch break) on Friday.
The selected candidate will have to arrange for their own residency visa in Dubai. Candidates who are nationals are highly encouraged to apply. Kindly mention your residency status in the application.
Allowance: Interns who do not receive financial support from an outside party will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food, local transportation and living expenses.
This position is open for Emirati nationals and candidates holding valid residency upon applyingThis position doesn’t require a functional clearance