|Position Level||NS 1|
|Department||Budget, People, and Management Systems Department|
|Division||Office of the Director General, BPMSD|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, November 21, 2023|
|Closing Date||Tuesday, December 5, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Director General (BPOD) within the Budget, People, and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). BPMSD provides advice and services in budget, staff position management, human resources, staff development, benefits, and compensation.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Legal Officer (Human Resources) will assist in providing legal support and advice to the BPMSD Management on institutional, employee relations, and administrative issues. The incumbent will assist in analyzing various human resource cases, disciplinary cases, administrative and employment disputes; and develop and draft materials to support ADB’s sound human resource management. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff.
Administrative Orders (AOs)
• Assist in the review and implementation of AOs based on input from policy owners, identify all policies/documents impacted by proposed changes, and, prepare draft revisions closely working with stakeholders in and outside BPMSD, including the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), to ensure policies and practices are clear, consistent, effective, and compliant.
• Assist in providing advice on cases related to employment decisions, benefits-related cases, performance cases and related employee matters including dispute prevention and monitoring of such cases.
• Assist in providing interpretation of existing HR policies/rules to colleagues within BPMSD.
• Contribute to developing knowledge sharing programs to promote best HR practices on employee relations issues including employment contract management, performance management, and HR policy interpretation and implementation.
Grievance, Appeals and Tribunal Cases
• Assist in providing appropriate support on the management and monitoring of disciplinary cases and grievances procedures.
• Prepare memoranda and other documents which may have legal implications as required.
• Create and maintain files for staff cases, including the preparation of “fact folders” containing all documentation relevant to specific cases
• Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Law and member of the Bar, preferably with advance training
• At least 6 years of relevant professional experience or employee relations in a multinational corporation’s legal department or in a law firm, or an international organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Proven ability to work effectively in teams and to build and sustain strong client relationships.
• Strong drive for results combined with analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
• Proficiency and excellent agility with relevant digital tools
• Ability to set priorities in a systematic way and handle heavy workloads usually under tight timeframe
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff level 1.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.