1. Purpose of consultancy
Provide Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and work statement for the improvement, renovation, and expansion of a new vaccine store to be located in Irbid and Revamping the current infrastructure of the warehouses for MoH including provide guidance on the improvement, renovation, and expansion interventions of Bayt Illiqa.
WHO Jordan supporting Ministry of Health in the implementation of Revamping/Infrastructure/Maintenance of the current MoH warehouses. As a part of the supply chain improvement plan to enhance the storage conditions, conduct network warehouses maintenance and applying WHO Good Storage Practices (GSP); in accordance with MoH priorities and the strategic action plan 2023-2025
3. Work to be performed
Output 1: Implementation of the new Vaccine store in Irbid: Planning and Developing the Infrastructure Specifications and Design along with BoQ to Launch tender
• Deliverable 1.1: Data Collection, Documentation / Assessment of the existing Locations
• Deliverable1.2: Field verifications: to develop a base map, utilities including location, size and capacity etc… (Topographic Survey)
• Deliverable1.3: Study, Review and validate of the project’s specific needs, and developing the space,program, relation between different project components.
• Deliverable1.4: Geotechnical Investigation as required By JEA 6 Boreholes (4 x5m Depth 2 x 8m depth) 36LM
• Deliverable1.5: Preliminary Conceptual Design
• Output 2: Prepare Functional Diagram, Site plan, Circulation diagram, including services and public safety access points, Layouts, Elevations, Area analysis.
• Deliverable 2.1: Final Design Drawings for all disciplines fully coordinated with appropriate scale
• Deliverable 2.2: Bill of Quantities
• Deliverable 2.3: Engineering Cost Estimate, in UNIFORMAT (minimum level 4)
• Deliverable 2.4: Technical Specifications, in CSI Master Format, 16 Division
• Deliverable 2.5: Implementation plan and development schedule,
• Deliverable: 2.6: Tender Documents Packaging as follows:
• Document I. Tendering Procedure
• Document II. Condition of Contract
• Document III. Technical Conditions, comprising of the following:
➢ Technical Specifications
➢ Bills of Quantities
➢ Priced Bills of Quantities
· Output 3 :Revamping the current infrastructure of the warehouses by conducting maintenance for the network warehouses and applying WHO Good Storage and Distribution Practices (GSDPs) for the existing regional warehouses.
• Deliverable 3.1:Visiting the existing regional warehouses in different governorates and determining the need to conduct maintenance, such as electrical, mechanical, and structural maintenance etc., and revamping, and the requested equipment, in cooperation with MoH and WHO.
•Output 4: Review the technical part of the TOR and assist WHO in launching the tender, including the bill of quantity (BOQs) and specifications.
• Deliverable 4.1 :Provide technical consultations.
• Deliverable 4.2: Providing clarifications to reply to the queries from the bidders.
• Deliverable 4.3 : Carry out detailed evaluation of the bids according to guidelines and give recommendation for award of the contract and contract agreement.
4. Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
First level university degree in civil engineering
At least 5 years of professional experience at the national level in civil engineer or any related field
Skills/Technical skills and knowledge:
Specific technical knowledge in the use of technical tools, knowledge of specific donors requirements, writing skills, etc.
Languages and level required:
English and Arabic
Read: Expert knowledge
Write: Expert knowledge
Speak: Expert knowledge
The Consultant is expected to perform her/his work at several governorate within, Jordan and WCO Office in Amman
6. Planned timelines (Subject to confirmation)
40 working days
Start date: 03 December 2023
End date: 31 March 2024
7. Medical clearance
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The Consultant is expected to travel to the location within Jordan
Note: All travel arrangements will be made by WHO. WHO will not be responsible for tickets purchased by the Consultant without the express, prior authorization of WHO. While on mission under the terms of this consultancy, the Consultant will receive subsistence allowance. Visas requirements: it is the consultant’s responsibility to fulfil visa requirements and ask for visa support letter(s) if needed.
· This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
· The WHO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The WHO recruits workforce regardless of disability status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, race, marital status, religious, cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, or any other personal characteristics.
The WHO is committed to achieving gender parity and geographical diversity in its workforce. Women, persons with disabilities, and nationals of unrepresented and underrepresented Member States (https://www.who.int/careers/diversity-equity-and-inclusion) are strongly encouraged to apply for WHO jobs.
Persons with disabilities can request reasonable accommodations to enable participation in the recruitment process. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be sent through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· An impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards is essential. WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter (https://www.who.int/about/who-we-are/our-values) into practice.